childcare jobs and qualifications

Guest lauraanddan

Guest lauraanddan

Hi all was wondering if anyone could help.

I am moving to adelaide and need to get my skills transfered is there an easy way to do this and how long does it take?

also i have a cache level 3 and a education degree with honours and was wondering if anyone from the uk has similar qualifications and has had them changed to australian what level have they gone to and roughly what pay am i looking at do you think ph?

its all so confusing!:wacko:

Guest Nick11

Your cache level will not be enough to qualify you. If your eduaction degree is in early childhood - you will be okay. You need to go to sa licensing to get it checked. I have an honours degree in education and had to fight tooth and nail to get qualified to do that job. However they have recently tightened up the rules due to the rise in overseas qualifications. I was told that if I applied now..I wouldn't be accepted as qualified!!!

Guest lauraanddan

i have emailed a few companies and agencies with my qualifications and they have said i wouldnt have a problem getting job as a qualified childcarer but i just wondered about transfering the qualifications over to australian

Hi ya your be best to go to skills recognition , curry st in the city they will do an assessment to see if it can be changed over.

Not all of my NVQ could be but part can so i have to do some other units here to make it up to a diploma. The good thing at the moment there are no fees to pay at Tafe just matreials which are $29 each and you can claim them back off your tax next year;)

Guest Nick11
i have emailed a few companies and agencies with my qualifications and they have said i wouldnt have a problem getting job as a qualified childcarer but i just wondered about transfering the qualifications over to australian

Yes I had the same response..until they rang licencing.

Most directors are completely oblivious to it. Now licencing have taken over accreditation...they will be hotting up on it.

My advice would be to e-mail sa licencing.

I have a Cache Level 3 and Skills Assessment at Curry Street recently told me that my certificates were not recognised in Australia. Unsure which direction to take now. Anybody got any suggestions on Australian qualifications needed to work in primary education and what route is needed to study these?

Thanks

Alison

• 1 month later...
I have a Cache Level 3 and Skills Assessment at Curry Street recently told me that my certificates were not recognised in Australia. Unsure which direction to take now. Anybody got any suggestions on Australian qualifications needed to work in primary education and what route is needed to study these?

Thanks

Alison

I've sent you a pm :)

• 1 month later...
Guest ctomo808

Hiya,

I'm having the same problems, if i take my cert to currie street i understand they will tell me what my NNEB is equivalent to over here - is that right. Anyone know how long this takes a as i have a job offer waiting, and they said would let me work unqualified until i make up my modules to a diploma standard. Any help you ladies can give me would be great xx

Hiya,

I'm having the same problems, if i take my cert to currie street i understand they will tell me what my NNEB is equivalent to over here - is that right. Anyone know how long this takes a as i have a job offer waiting, and they said would let me work unqualified until i make up my modules to a diploma standard. Any help you ladies can give me would be great xx

Now I might be wrong here..but they used to accept NNEB as an eqivalent, but I believe the rules have changed and it is no longer accepted.

Reason I say this is because my boss is English and has a NNEB and she said that if she applied now as a qualified ..licensing wouldn't accept it.

Currie st will deffo know.

I hope I am wrong hun x

Now I might be wrong here..but they used to accept NNEB as an eqivalent, but I believe the rules have changed and it is no longer accepted.

Reason I say this is because my boss is English and has a NNEB and she said that if she applied now as a qualified ..licensing wouldn't accept it.

Currie st will deffo know.

I hope I am wrong hun x

A English girl at work has a NNEB and she went to Currie st and she has to make up some of the units so Tafe is coming in to RPL her on the job so that might be something to look into.

x

My friend had to do the extra modules...no big deal...just a bit time consuming.

Irony is that accreditation is is so wrapped up in red tape..it forgets the basic principle...the child!!!!

My friend had to do the extra modules...no big deal...just a bit time consuming.

Irony is that accreditation is is so wrapped up in red tape..it forgets the basic principle...the child!!!!

Lol I know where you coming from regarding accreditation!! when I give a child something I always say 'thank you' afterwards so the child knows that the right thing to do but I got told not to say that as accreditation doesn't like it!! WTF!!