electrician needs work

stephens

hi. just emigrated from uk ,arrived in adelaide and staying in glenelg . looking for work as a sparky or even sparks mate just to get going. applied for artc from uk 5 weeks ago, rang yesterday as i had heard nothing and they told me it arrived that morning, even though it was sent recorded delivery. i have registered with several agencies but nothing yet, not sure if things work the same as the uk. will appreciate any info. cheers. john

• 2 months later...
Guest Russfamily

got work with in two weeks as a maintenance elect loads of jobs around just have your resune ready to go. But u will need to get your license and this can be a pain in the ---- . although you need a license there are a good few places around that will most probally take u on while you are waiting to sit your test

Guest coleman

Thank you for your reply made us feel better. Phill(my husband) has had his skills assessed as a general electrican but has been working for the past 4 years as a project engineer.do you have any knowledge of that type of work. Iam happy to do either spark or engineer but at present just seding my c.v to agencies. Do you know of any companies that it would be worth sending my c.v too. Would love to get a offer before we book flights (if thats poss) thanks for your help. Also sorry have read somewhere you can send off for your artc while you are still in england we have an address in oz to send it to but what about the date we arrived etc on the form.

Guest Russfamily

im afraid that its prety much impossible to get a job while on the other side of the world but saying that i did it by checking out careerone.com i managed to let them know i was coming and would be ready for immediate start but would need to sit my regs exam, they were interested and if u r a manit electrician and arriving shortly i can give u a contact email address there are still a few electrcal vacancies pays $1000 per week take home.

Guest Sharmaine
Thank you for your reply made us feel better. Phill(my husband) has had his skills assessed as a general electrican but has been working for the past 4 years as a project engineer.do you have any knowledge of that type of work. Iam happy to do either spark or engineer but at present just seding my c.v to agencies. Do you know of any companies that it would be worth sending my c.v too. Would love to get a offer before we book flights (if thats poss) thanks for your help. Also sorry have read somewhere you can send off for your artc while you are still in england we have an address in oz to send it to but what about the date we arrived etc on the form.

Hi we are in Adelaide and my husband is an electrician. Yes, you can apply for your ARTC whilst still in England but they will not send the certificate to an address outside of Australia. Once in OZ, armed with your ARTC you do need to get a licence to work. As for the date, give an approximate date or your arrival.

Guest coleman

Thanks for the help. How are you finding things now you have been there a little while. What part are you living in? and hows the work front for your husband?. Dont have a date when we are comg yet but could be as early as may or as late as early september. it all depends on if Phill gets a job offer. he has had 2 telephone interviews with a company and they said they are going to arrange a interview for him in London but that was 5 weeks ago so who knows? but i will take you advice and get the ARTC started now and get it sent to my sister in laws place in Adelaide.Need to make time scale places now really for the childrens sake.

Cheers

Debbie Phill Jack and Laura

Guest coleman

Thanks for the help i have emailed Career.one with my C.V they seemed to have a lot of jobs for engineers so fingers crossed. Still havent make our minds up about when we ae coming could be May or Early September if a job offer comes up we will be over asap

Thanks again

Debbie Phill Jack and Laura

Guest Sharmaine

Hi,

Sorry for the delay - I am still unpacking our furniture only arrived a week or so ago so not on the site very often at the moment. We are in Adelaide. Hubby had no problem finding work - he lined up three interviews and got offered the first and second interview jobs practically the same day as the interviews and so cancelled the 3rd. He took the job with the first interview and he has been very happy with his choice. I have to say it is easier once you are here, we were contemplating phone interviews etc before we left but decided that we would have enough to contend with once we got here without hubby having to go off to work immediately so we gave him a two week gap (lol).

PM me with any questions, I will be happy to help.

• 3 years later...

Hi John, Welcome to Adelaide! We have been here for 2 1/2 years now and love it. Hubbie is in Telecoms.

I know that Watters (electrical company) are looking for electricians. They have lots of work and need good people. Try sending your resume to them. Their head office sis in Kidman Park, you'll have to google it im afraid!

Good Luck!

Ceri

hi. just emigrated from uk ,arrived in adelaide and staying in glenelg . looking for work as a sparky or even sparks mate just to get going. applied for artc from uk 5 weeks ago, rang yesterday as i had heard nothing and they told me it arrived that morning, even though it was sent recorded delivery. i have registered with several agencies but nothing yet, not sure if things work the same as the uk. will appreciate any info. cheers. john

Guest Maria Day

Hi Ceri, Thank you for that info. We will arrive there January next year and hoping that my hubby will find a job straight away as we don't have much money with us. I will try and google this company you are talking about if that is ok with you. Many thanks.

Maria.