Help and advice please

Guest martin mchale

Guest martin mchale

Hello

Im starting to fill out the TRA assesment for a fitter can anyone help me with examples of what they are looking for i have worked in the water indusrty for 15 years and my agent is saying right it down as if you are speaking to a 5 year only problem is where to start I can work on a job for weeks and others 5 mins so no consistancy also some of the equipment is over 500k others are pence if anyone has an example i would be ever so gratefull

martin

Guest Aussiebound

Your agent is right about writing like explaining it to a five year old. We found this process very hard, a lot tougher than the actual visa form!

Start at the beginning, with training etc, you was shown this... i then did this on my own.... the tools i used in my first year of work where... the machines i used in my first year of work where.... I was trained by ..... Then move on to the second year.

We did this for all five of Neils employers. What agent are you with? We have used Go Matilda and they forwarded us copies of ones that had been submitted by others. Could you ask your agent for copies?

Hope this is of some help and good luck!

Sarah

Guest martin mchale

Thanks Im useing thinkingaustralia.com and have asked the agent for examples and they said they could not give example because of the data protection act seems silly to me

If you have the example you were given I would be very interested in seeing them.

Thanks

martin

Guest Aussiebound

I can send you copies by email. They are too long for Private Messages. The samples we had sent to us had all the names edited out etc, could not tell who had sent them in. Seems a strange answer from your agent.

I will send you all the ones Neil did, obviously will differ from your trade but you'll get a good idea of what is expected! Hope it doesn't put you off!!!!!

Sarah

Guest dglamoore

If you need a couple more pm me your email and I will send copies of some of the ones we used too to give you an idea. Again different trade but will give you the idea ;)

Our agent also sent us copies so very odd answer from your agent as Sarah has said :unsure:

Lisa:cute:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

When I did mine I listed everything I did...even said I cut hair with scissors, razor. I dry hair with.....

Apparently, according to our migration agent, they look for KEY WORDS when reading these. Almost like a list of things that meet their criteria before they will pass it. A friend of ours failed his first TRA as they didnt actually mention the word WIRING, I am not sure if this is totally true as he had a dodgy agent too!!! But that is what the agent told him:confused:.

sarah

hey martin!

my oh applied as a fitter and we got some examples from our agent too!

pm me if you need more help :)

we still remember how difficult it was :goofy: - so just shout!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RachnTom
Hello

Im starting to fill out the TRA assesment for a fitter can anyone help me with examples of what they are looking for i have worked in the water indusrty for 15 years and my agent is saying right it down as if you are speaking to a 5 year only problem is where to start I can work on a job for weeks and others 5 mins so no consistancy also some of the equipment is over 500k others are pence if anyone has an example i would be ever so gratefull

martin

Hi my OH is a brickie so cant help you with the water industry, what we did when doing the TRA is we started off from when he went to college and put everything in detail with what it was he did there,then with the job he has been in for the last ten years he put it in sections for each job he undertakes (also in great detail) taking down a chimney to how to rebuild it step by step taking down arches over windows and rebuilding them with steel lintels in and so on, also did a list of every tool he uses and described what the tool was used for and how he uses each tool, And also did a piece on health and saftey as I believe that also helped we did our TRA without the use of an agent and passed first time :D another fab site that can also give you great advice and information is British expats, hope some of this helps, good luck :)