• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 11 to 15 of 15
    Like Tree6Likes

    Thread: Careers advice

    1. #11

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Flagstaff Hill
      45 times
      I think there is a career jobfest going on at the showgrounds on the 22nd of sept. Might be worth taking a look.
      Anne29 likes this.

    2. #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Rich&Susie View Post
      Hi Anne,

      Don't know if this is too late, but when i come over to Adelaide in October i'm going to see a student advisor at the TAFE. I guess that this would only apply if you wanted to re-train though?

      Hi Rich,

      Thanks, that's good advice but won't need to re-train. Good luck for when you come over. I may have knowledge that I can share with you in that time, so feel free to drop me a pm if I can help.

    3. #13
      Quote Originally Posted by RichandHelen View Post
      I think there is a career jobfest going on at the showgrounds on the 22nd of sept. Might be worth taking a look.
      Thanks for that, but after the careers advice meeting, feel that I know which direction I'm heading in. Very useful to know though, so thank you for taking the time to reply.

    4. #14
      An update (this info may be useful for anyone wanting to work with children):

      I have found out that I may need to have my Degree recognised out here, which means that no only do I have to show my degree to the Skills recognition service, but also a transcript of every grade that I received during my degree, what a pain. I found this information out by calling the skills recognition service (freecall - 1800 658 887)

      I have also found out that in order to work with children, you will need:

      * A police check.

      Department for Families and Communities Criminal History Record Check - this costs $57.20.

      Child Safe Environments – Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect Certificate (Formerly Mandated Notification Certificate). I have a list of places that do this, so pm me if you would like them. Not sure on the cost of this but do know that it only takes a day to get.

      First Aid Certificate (BELS Course or Senior First Aid)- this can be with anyone that offers the course, although St John's Ambulance or Red Cross seem to be the main choices when you google first aid.

      Hope this information is of help to others.
      Last edited by Anne29; 22-09-2010 at 01:36 AM.

    5. #15
      For anyone wanting careers advice, you can arrange an appointment (it's by appointment only) by calling:

      Freecall: 1800 662 736 or
      Email: cic.adelaide@centrelink.gov.au

      The Careers Information Centre is based on:

      2nd floor south, 191 Pulteney Street,
      Adelaide, SA, 5000.

      It is part of Centrelink, but you do not have to registered with centrelink - it's a career's advice centre for EVERYONE!


    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Similar Threads

    1. OAA, any advice
      By andi in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 02-06-2010, 11:24 AM
    2. An option maybe?careers in the care sector
      By sueoc in forum Jobs & Careers
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 29-05-2009, 04:15 PM
    3. On our way, need advice
      By cornish Busdriver in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: 15-09-2008, 11:54 AM
    4. Adelaide Careers & Employment Expo
      By cribber in forum Jobs & Careers
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 24-07-2007, 07:00 PM
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums