nurses beware

Guest m.and.m

Just a quick note to all UK nurses who are migrating and have had a positive skills assessment and been told they are eligable to register with the nursing board as I was!!

prior to my arrival in South Australia i rang the sa NMC they assured me all i had to do on arrival was to report to the office with my passport as photo ID and I could register immediately simple as that, however it has not worked out like that, on arrival at the office i was told their is a backlog of applications and it could take up to 2 months to register, so i am now working as an PCA (personal care worker) with an agency until i get my pin number through, I was gutted but just have to get on with it until such time as i can nurse again, i have posted this just to warn you all as I was really shocked!!!!!!!:confused:

Hiya

Sorry to hear that. was only talking about you the other day ( hope you got my PM) and wondering how you were getting on.

I have already registered with SA before the changed to AHPRA and have a registration number. Is that all i need to work straight away?? or do i also have to register when i get there??

I dont want to make any mistakes, as i will need to get into earning some money quickly

Thanks

Donna

Guest m.and.m

I tried to but was told i had to do it in person, they assured me i just had to arrive at the office with my passport as photo ID and they would do it there and then, this did not happen and 4 weeks down the line im still waiting its so depressing!!!! im desperate to work have joined 2 agencys and working as PCA but not many hours unfortunately, im playing the waiting game!!!!!