Calvary North Adelaide Hospital

taffygirl

Hi Everyone,

Im new to PIA so bear with me! Im just after some advice, we arrive on 8th November on a 457 visa and I will start work at CNAH 2 weeks later. I am a palliative care nurse with many years experience and have been told I will work within the palliative care department. My question is, what are CNAH like to work for as an organisation?

Many thanks

Tracey:unsure:

Tracey (37), John (46), Kelsey (18),Taryn (16)

Hi,

I used to work at CNAH, left back in January.

The Hospice has a really good reputation, and is set up well, i believe.

most of the staff are hard working, and very amenable.

The organisation is a good introduction to Aus, and just like anywhere else, there are some issues!!

Parking is a nightmare in North Adelaide, one of the reasons i left was to avoid any more parking fines!

there are quite a few poms working there so you should be fine.

Good luck with the move

Jane

• 2 years later...
Hi Everyone,

Im new to PIA so bear with me! Im just after some advice, we arrive on 8th November on a 457 visa and I will start work at CNAH 2 weeks later. I am a palliative care nurse with many years experience and have been told I will work within the palliative care department. My question is, what are CNAH like to work for as an organisation?

Hi taffygirl

I'm hoping you're still active on here as I'm very interested to find out how you got on when you moved to Adelaide and started working for CNAH. My wife has been offered a job as a nurse at the same hospital, and we're moving over on a 457 visa. We'd be keen to find out about your experience of working for them, and if you had any problems later getting sponsored for permanent residency.

Also, can I ask if CNAH gave any financial assistance with your move? They are not offering us anything but we're hoping to try and negotiate with them. Would love to know your thoughts on this.

Thanks

Guest rooney74

Hi Roy,

I too am joining Calvary North. Myself and my hubby are flying out at end of April. They havnt offered any financial assistance to us either, let me know if you are successful.

When are you emigrating and which department is your wife gonna be working?

Thanks

Kirsten

Hi Kirsten

My wife will be working as a scrub nurse, but we don't know when we'll be flying as we haven't actually started the 457 application yet (the contract does say they expect my wife to start working within 3 months). Which dept do you work in? Have you already taken care of your visas?

Guest rooney74

Hi Roy,

Im an Anaesthetic Nurse so i will be in theatre with your wife:).

Our visas are being applied for this week and weve been told they will be ready at end of March.

When did your wife get her job with Calvary, ive had mine since lasy May?

It has been a long frustrating process with my nursing Registration.

Kirsten

She found out the job was hers just before Christmas but we only got the contract in last week. She applied to AHRPA at the start of November and everything seems to be going ok with that (I hope). They've said all they are waiting on is something from NMC but I believe this was posted to them just over a week ago. What difficulties have you had with your registration? Just wondering if there's something about to jump up and bite us...

Guest rooney74
She found out the job was hers just before Christmas but we only got the contract in last week. She applied to AHRPA at the start of November and everything seems to be going ok with that (I hope). They've said all they are waiting on is something from NMC but I believe this was posted to them just over a week ago. What difficulties have you had with your registration? Just wondering if there's something about to jump up and bite us...

Hi Roy,

Ive had several problems with APHRA, some was my fault for not sending docs in on time but a lot has been on their part.Instead of requesting documents all at once they did it one by one, and they are not the fastest at letting you know. ,I could have had everything certified in bulk but by them doing this its cost me a fortune. i asked several times to tell me every outstanding document required, they told me they had everything required, then I would get an email weeks later asking for something else.

Ive had 4 case officers since I applied last May and its still not sorted.

They promised me it would be complete at end of Jan, then end of Jan came and they asked for another document from my school that I attended 20 yrs ago.

I had to proove I had been taught and assessed in English and have this certified.

I have been promised this was the last document and it was sent over a week ago so fingers crossed I should here something this week.

All I can say is get everything that is on the checklist and make sure its certified.

My NMC doc was pretty quick.

They want blood & I am pulling my hair out:arghh:

Kirsten

Guest rooney74

Adelaide, My case officer apologised and kept my file open until I sent the last document as he made a booboo.

Were have you applied to?

Have you looked at accomodation, im finding it a struggle.

Have you had everything certified?

Hi Kirsten and Roy

Our nurse registration was quite similar like the Kirsten one. But there are ways to speed up the procedure. My letter of eligibility came exactly after 11 months 3 days. PM me if you need further information.

Adelaide, My case officer apologised and kept my file open until I sent the last document as he made a booboo.

Were have you applied to?

Have you looked at accomodation, im finding it a struggle.

Have you had everything certified?

Also Adelaide office! We've seen loads of accomodation on realestate.com.au but haven't looked yet for anything short term. It's that I'm worried about, making sure we have a roof over our heads when we first get there. I really wish Calvary would help for even a couple of weeks. Where are you looking for accomodation?

Guest rooney74

Ive been looking at North adelaide and in the city but everywheres so expensive and require a large bond.

Also they need lots of I.D, so i advise you to open a bank account in Oz, you can do it online in uk. I used Nab. you get your account number etc online then when you arrive you need to go in to the bank with passport etc to be identified and you will recieve cash card and stuff.

Also your wife needs to apply for her nat ins number ( its called something else, i will check my messages and get back to you).

You can do this in uk and i think its £38.

kirsten

Its TFN ( tax file number)

You need to change your driving licences over on arrival which is $200 for I.D purposes.

its all money money money!!

Edited by rooney74

Ive been looking at North adelaide and in the city but everywheres so expensive and require a large bond.

Also they need lots of I.D, so i advise you to open a bank account in Oz, you can do it online in uk. I used Nab. you get your account number etc online then when you arrive you need to go in to the bank with passport etc to be identified and you will recieve cash card and stuff.

Also your wife needs to apply for her nat ins number ( its called something else, i will check my messages and get back to you).

You can do this in uk and i think its £38.

kirsten

Its TFN ( tax file number)

You need to change your driving licences over on arrival which is $200 for I.D purposes.

its all money money money!!

Thanks for that, will definitely get onto that asap. In answer to your earlier question, yes we had all our documentation certified before sending to AHRPA. We got it done from a Notary Public for £50, but after seeing your experience I'm really beginning to worry. Will update this forum once I know more

Guest rooney74

wow thats was cheap. im not trying to worry you but i thought i sent everything but they wanted more.

everything else as been ok apart from APHRA.

this forum is very helpful.

Good luck.

Hi, can I please ask how yous secured your jobs with north Calvary? Thank you.

My wife noticed the job advert in The Nursing Standard magazine, she applied, had a phone interview, had a face to face interview in Glasgow, and has just been offered the job

wow thats was cheap. im not trying to worry you but i thought i sent everything but they wanted more.

everything else as been ok apart from APHRA.

this forum is very helpful.

Good luck.

We'll hopefully find out tonight. Fingers crossed there are no hiccups as I had the chance of voluntary redundancy that was working out well for us moving. I finish at the end of march so really hoping everything goes smoothly and we're in oz for April / May

Guest MandiMR2
Hi Kirsten and Roy

Our nurse registration was quite similar like the Kirsten one. But there are ways to speed up the procedure. My letter of eligibility came exactly after 11 months 3 days. PM me if you need further information.

11 Months? seriously??? I'm just about to send mine off! :-(

• 3 weeks later...