jobs in construction industry

Guest jigar_er_civil

Guest jigar_er_civil

Hello everyone,

I am civil engineer with 5 years exp....3 years as a site engineer and 2 years as a design engineer...expert with so many design softwares..like

Basic Computer & Language:

 Windows – 98/XP/Vista

 MS-Office- 97/2003/2007

 C & C++

Estimation, Costing & Quantity takeoff:

 Autodesk Revit Quantity Takeoff-2009

 On Screen Takeoff

 Sage Timberline & Estimating

Design & Drafting:

 STAAD-PRO -2005/2007

 Autodesk Auto-CAD-2008/2009/2010

 12D Model 9.0 (Learning Stage)

BIM(Building Information Modelling) Software:

 Nemetschek All-Plan Architecture & Engineering- 2006/2008/2009

 Autodesk Revit Architecture- 2008/2009/2010

 Autodesk Revit Structure- 2009/2010

Project Management:

 MS-Project-2007

 Synchro 4D planning

Before few days I have applied for SA state sponsership....but I have searched jobsites and came to know that few jobs available in SA related to construction industries...

I am pretty sure that I will get SA SS but still I have chance to apply for VIC ss but problem with victoria is that already crowded and more applicants with less job....

So can some one tell me what to do ? I want to immigrate SA rather than VIC but want to know the real situation of SA for construction industry ...

Can some one plz focus and reply on it ??/? plz comment on construction industry rather than State....:cute:

Thnx in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wakefieldinoz2006

hi,i have been in the construction industry only for the last couple of years since emigrating to adelaide,was lucky enough to get a job on the northern expressway that was just finished last month but have since moved into mining on the big dump trucks,there is a little bit of work going on in adelide with house building,there will be a southern expressway which will be redovelped next year (2 year job ) but as far as iknow the contract has not been signed to any company as of yet,things are litlle on the quiet side at minute,thats why i had to take a job in western australia in the mines western australia is where the work and money is, i just work away for 2weeks then fly home to adeliade for a week

seek.com.au is a good place to start to look for work also companys here are fulton hogan,catcon (they have a pommy hr manager ,i got work through them cause of that),leeds ,yorks,,hope this helps

Tim