documents verified

Guest nicandchris

Guest nicandchris

Hi im in the process of getting my documents verified and ive just spoken to a solicitor whose also a commissioner of oaths and Rotary. If i were to get my docs (ie approximately 5 ) certified by him as a commissioner of oaths it would only cost around £50 for the lot however if here were to sign them as a rotary it would cost me £60 per document.

Any ideas if the sig can be by the commissioner of oaths rather than the rotary?

Others comments and experiences of this would be appreciated.

nic:notworthy:

Guest nicandchris

Hi thanks but this notary has said £60 per document! Thinking about it i will have about 10 including passport, transcript, birth cert and degree's and other qualifications (if you put them on the CV then i believe that you have to get them certed right?).

Yes re the ielts i got my cert just now and got an 8 overall which im happy about.

Ill have to shop around i think re the notary as i cant afford to pay £60 for around 5-10 docs!

Guest nicandchris
Hi Nic

I got my documents verified by a public notary which cost £70.

Sent them off to AHPRA at the end of Sept so just waiting to hear.

Congratulations on passing the dreaded IELTS

Jayne

Good luck Jayne!

we went to a solicitor who charged us about £100 (cash) for about 50 documents, he was really interested to hear our story of migration. We were expecting about £500 so that was a nice surprise.

We got about 3 copies of each,

Over in OZ it's free to get certified copies!!

moral of story, phone around and get the best quote but the more copies you get certified the lower price per copy is.

Guest nicandchris

oh no forgot about those, ive counted so far; passport, birth cert, degree (2) Secondary eduation cert,nursing transcript so ive also to include CV and two good standing letters, anything else?

Guest nicandchris
we went to a solicitor who charged us about £100 (cash) for about 50 documents, he was really interested to hear our story of migration. We were expecting about £500 so that was a nice surprise.

We got about 3 copies of each,

Over in OZ it's free to get certified copies!!

moral of story, phone around and get the best quote but the more copies you get certified the lower price per copy is.

50 documents! good god why so many? am i missing something? :nah:

Guest The Dimmocks

We went the 176 state sponsored route and had to provide cert copies of P60's from current employment, we had about 7 pages with two on each page. Had 3 stat decs as previous companies had gone bump. Cant remember the rest but had a fair few.

Guest nicandchris
We went the 176 state sponsored route and had to provide cert copies of P60's from current employment, we had about 7 pages with two on each page. Had 3 stat decs as previous companies had gone bump. Cant remember the rest but had a fair few.

My most recent quote this morning was for £175 for 10 documents but not included any verification money requested by the universities that i have degrees with. ANother was £65 per doc. My registration is going to take a lot longer if i have to pay this!:sad:

Guest The Dimmocks
My most recent quote this morning was for £175 for 10 documents but not included any verification money requested by the universities that i have degrees with. ANother was £65 per doc. My registration is going to take a lot longer if i have to pay this!:sad:

Hope you find one a bit cheaper

Guest Mitchell

I googled notary publics in my area and phoned a few for a quote. I got quotes that ranged from £10 per page to £40 for the lot about 2-3 months ago in Bournemouth. It pays to shop around!

Guest nicandchris
I googled notary publics in my area and phoned a few for a quote. I got quotes that ranged from £10 per page to £40 for the lot about 2-3 months ago in Bournemouth. It pays to shop around!

Must be different here in Yorkshire! Cant get anything less than the £60 per document! There are only two in York and one in scarborough area!:arghh:

Guest ste and cheryl

Hi,

My husband had about 40 documents to be verified and we used a local solicitors, not sure where you are located but they were called GLP Solicitors, and they said they usually charge £5 per document but did the lot for us for £15.

Hi Nic

the notary I used was in Pontefract,which is about 11 miles from Leeds.

£70 for about 10-12 documents and no extra charge if I need to go back with any I may have missed.

The quotes you've had seem way too expensive.

Let me know if you'd like his details

Jayne x

Guest nicandchris
Hi Nic

the notary I used was in Pontefract,which is about 11 miles from Leeds.

£70 for about 10-12 documents and no extra charge if I need to go back with any I may have missed.

The quotes you've had seem way too expensive.

Let me know if you'd like his details

Jayne x

Hi there, yes please pm me the details, as every notary or secretary has quoted similar prices, even travelling to pontefract i think would be cheaper than the quotes around here! I cant believe the price differences its crazy isnt it.

Guest Im Here

Can't you get them certified by a justice of the peace? we got all of ours done this way 5 yrs ago and it was done for free as they're not ment to charge you. We had loads to do as well.

Guest nicandchris

Hi this is for my nursing registration which i have to send to them. Im going to ask my friend whose a retired justice of the peace if he knows a non retired JoTP if they would sign for me, but it does seem hefty.

Guest nicandchris

thanks for that. im struggling with the cost differences, did everone quoiting the smaller cost use a notary or just solicitor or coomissioner of oaths? cause that would make sense as they have quoted me similar but not the £60 per doc x

Guest nicandchris

haha! just had the possiblity of a break through......Rang Pontefract who agreed yes £70 but per document,,,,,,,,,,i asked ok but ive been quoted over £200 and they outlined that my ten or so papers would constitute as a document. Telephoned Scarborough Notary again and asked for them to ask the notary again about the cost - this time she seemed to think that the 10 could constitute as a document- asked that in the first bloody place! waiting for the return answer!