Migrants not getting jobs?

Guest WhatNow?

Guest shella_n

hmmmm

well we are on a temporary 457 visa and I was really worried about getting a job (I too am a Uni graduate etc). I have applied for 2 jobs (both well paid) - I was offered the first one and I got a call yesterday to say that Ive got an interview for the second so from my prespective its not the case - although I am sure for many other it may well be the case.

Michelle

Guest Martin and Val

I clicked on the link and I find the response at the bottom of the article amusing.

Maybe I'm toooooooo qualified, or maybe the person who wrote the response simply needed some English lessons!:biglaugh:

This is what was written:

"Sorry guys, but welcome to the real world! You are not the only people here with uni qulifications who can not get jobs! Being on visas is another issue totally. Most employees want to know that when we employ a person we are going to have that person working for us for a long time, you will cost us just getting you to a place in our companies where you are actually making money for us, so therefor, people on working visas would be seen as a high turnover staff force and not worth the risk of employment."

With luck, something along the lines of

"Maybe the subjects of this article should be grateful that they have jobs.

I also think that maybe "Employer" would benefit from going back to school ! "

Might just appear as the next comment:)

Oh, and Martin I don't think your too qualified at the moment:biglaugh:

What a complete, inarticulate numbskull! As for the print checker, well spelling is clearly not requisite for the role!

Some employers dont even bother to respond to applicants; the oh has sent up to 10 applications per week to no avail, centrelink are absolutely useless except to tell him he isnt entitled to benefits!! HE DOESN'T want benefits, he wants a JOB;

all his experience in the uk, running his own business is more hinderence than help, and without a licence he cant even get a labouring job........for heavens sake!!

As for the visa situation, well, the govt are still charging $385 for a working holiday visa, mainly to youngsters who will be looking for seasonal work..............tell me thats not just a money making rouse!!

If you need extra quals and tickets (licences) to get yourself a job, then go out and get them. Don't waste time, once you've got them then you are already half way there. Go and get a White Card ticket for those in the Construction Industry. If there is no work, do it voluntarily so that you get yourself an Aussie referree and to show how good you are. Don't set your sights too high, take anything offered.

Guest adelaideinjuly

I have been here for almost six month , living in hallett cove and struggling to get a job , i wonder if any one can help me in getting an admin job , i have 10 years experience . Ielts 7.5 and willing for any admin/office work job , i also have experience in HR ,recruitment and quality assurance .

appreciate your help

Thanks