Nursing registration??

Guest fluxsta

Guest fluxsta

Hi all, hope all is well be you in the UK or down under? Right, IELTS is booked and currently compiling documents for nursing board in Oz. Could someone be helpful and spell out for my thick head EXACTLY the documents that need to be sent off? I am aware that the AHPRA need a 'Certificate of Registration Status or Certificate of Good Standing'.

Is this something that i get from the NMC or previous employers or both? If anyone can detail this for me then it would be really really helpful!!

thanks

P.S went to agents open day today.....and thinking of doing ourselves (visa process I mean)......they charge a fortune! Horses for courses though ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nicandchris
Hi all, hope all is well be you in the UK or down under? Right, IELTS is booked and currently compiling documents for nursing board in Oz. Could someone be helpful and spell out for my thick head EXACTLY the documents that need to be sent off? I am aware that the AHPRA need a 'Certificate of Registration Status or Certificate of Good Standing'.

Is this something that i get from the NMC or previous employers or both? If anyone can detail this for me then it would be really really helpful!!

thanks

P.S went to agents open day today.....and thinking of doing ourselves (visa process I mean)......they charge a fortune! Horses for courses though ;-)

hi they need;

passed ielts sent straight to them

cert of good standing from he departs for the last 5 years

cv signed by current manager

2 references one from current manager

reference cert from rcn straight to them

transcript nursing qualification*

passport photo*

birth cert*

driving lic*

* docs certified by justice of the peace, notary

:dull:

Guest fluxsta

Magic Nic.....as always!!! IELTS booked and just counting down to that now, 22nd jan then off to experience Adelaide for two weeks!! then AHPRA off......PHEW....tired thinking about it all

thanks..

Guest LawrenceWhyte

They will also need a Statement of Registration from the NMC which you can get by phoning them and requesting this. This is as well as your Nursing Registration. The NMC send this off to you very quickly

Guest nicandchris
hi they need;

passed ielts sent straight to them

cert of good standing from he departs for the last 5 years

cv signed by current manager

2 references one from current manager

reference cert from rcn straight to them

transcript nursing qualification*

passport photo*

birth cert*

driving lic*

* docs certified by justice of the peace, notary

:dull:

sorry i meant the nmc not the rcn! apparently you shouldnt ask the nmc for the cert before youve sent off the nursing registration or they just bin it! costs around thirty quid i think. Just got new request yest for documentation to prove weve had all the immunisations including hep b and flu jab I dont really believe in this un less old or sick but looks like ive got to bite the bullet. :arghh:

Guest fluxsta

Ha ha!! i realised that you meant the NMC!! Panic set in again, I thought I had to get in touch with the lovely RCN. I need to get on the case to our occ health then? (sighs).....just missed them yesterday visiting our ward, as I still need to finish the course and also they were doing flu jabs yesterday!! anyway, thanks for that info, i will make sure that I send that away as well, so 'hopefully' they will be happy!

Guest fluxsta

yep! I still have to have my blood test to see if hep B has taken and then have remaining two jabs.....and it seems get documentary records of it.I am well prepared for the hoops, remembering that there is an end goal in sight......

Guest fluxsta
They will also need a Statement of Registration from the NMC which you can get by phoning them and requesting this. This is as well as your Nursing Registration. The NMC send this off to you very quickly

Hiya,

Thanks, when you say Statement of Registration then I will request this. However, when you say 'nursing registration' do you mean PIN number and nursing transcripts from training or is there a a second NMC document i am yet to hear about? :chatterbox:

cheers!!

Guest nicandchris
Hi

just seen our post about the immunisations,not really happy about having the flu jab myself either, and think Ill have to have tetanus too,can't remember the last time I had one.............bloody hate jabs x

Hi awful isnt it, against our civil liberty i would think, however its our choice to go isnt it! :notworthy:

Guest nicandchris
Hiya,

Thanks, when you say Statement of Registration then I will request this. However, when you say 'nursing registration' do you mean PIN number and nursing transcripts from training or is there a a second NMC document i am yet to hear about? :chatterbox:

cheers!!

I think that we need to contact the NMC and ask them to send confirmation of our good practice as nurses and i think they are used to doing this so they would know what we mean. This needs to get sent straight to the nursing authority in Melbourne but not before youve applied for the nursing registration as you need to do that first. You need to contact the university or whatever to get a transcript of the hours etc that youve studies for as a student but i can send you an attachment of the letter that i sent to my university that should help you to know what to ask for. Im not sure about the pin aspect of it all from this country as i havnt looked at the aussie registration form fully again but you may have to put your current pin onto this. The agency will send you the oz nursing registration form for you to complete so it will all seem clearer to you. That ok?:huh:

Guest LawrenceWhyte

It is called the Statement of Entry form and confirms the date and parts of the register you are currently on. It is a different document to your pin and registration document. You ask the NMC for your 'Statement of Entry' form, which you request from the Registrations department. Hope this clarrifies

• 3 months later...
Guest donna888

Hi there, I too am getting do s together for ahpra. Do you no if it is ok to get a solicitor to certify the soca (my cousin is one and will do it) or would ahpra send them back asking for a notary or Jp to sign??

Heard ahpra are taking 6 months! Is this true?

Many thanks

Donna. Friday is ielts results day!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nicandchris

[wow so effectively i could be waiting until around July for them to process it. Bugger as i dont think that i can do my 'modified' skills assessment until that comes back:(

QUOTE=jimmyskinner;167959]My partner Jayne sent hers off at the beginning of october and they took the money out about ten days ago!!