Air Conditioning Engineer - Urgent

Guest colette

Guest colette

We have reverse cycle air conditioning which we had repaired recently, new parts etc. It has broken down again and the guys (cowboys) who did it can't get to me for a couple of weeks and want to charge me another call out fee. I am looking for a reliable person to come out (will pay call-out charge) and tell me honestly what is wrong with it. If you can recommend anyone urgently I would really appreciate it.

Colette

hi Collette

We had a similar thing in 2009 when there was that week of 40+ degrees! We called Mecair (on the recommendation of someone on this site), even though the system wasn't one of theirs, and they came out and sorted it. Turns out there is a very well hidden "reset" switch inside the unit outside, and every time we had a power cut, it tripped out that switch - two previous engineers we'd had out on other occasions (after power cuts funnily enough!) had not found this, or if they had, didn't point it out, and charged us for replacement parts!

Guy from Mecair was great - came on time, showed us where the switch was for future, and didn't charge us huge amounts either.

Good luck anyway

Diane

Guest colette
Hi Collette,

we used a guy called George, a lovely reliable greek man who sorted us out within a week.

His number is 0433 755 083; or 8352 1554.............

he was recommended to us, and we would recommend him to anyone!!

Hope it helps

Jane

Thank you for the recommendation. I rang him but he said he didn't do repairs.

Cheers

Colette