Bricklaying Jobs

Guest nic-manchester

Guest nic-manchester

Hello

My husband and our two children ages 5 and 2 are currently submitting our state sponsored visa to south australia but are a bit hesitant about the jobs available.

My husband is a qualified bricklayer for 15 years and can lend his hand to anything else too, and I am a part qualified accountant.

Anyone please who could help us on what to expect job wise in the adelaide suburbs would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ian is right.

I have met lots of bricklayers and they all found work quickly. Be prepared to travel to begin with though as the work could be anywhere in Adelaide.

The pay is much better when you work for yourself and your licence can be obtained through masterbuilders. Alternatively the two small business components (finance and law) can be done at TAFE.

Tamara

Guest nic-manchester

Thankyou for your reply Tamara, it was helpful, all a bit of a mindfield when you have not visited before.

Do you know if you have to be in the country to do the licence and white card, or can you sit them before you get there? so as to start work asap?

I have seen your website it also was useful and something we might consider ourselves doing when we arrive there, I am going to look into the areas were your houses are.

Thanks

Thankyou for your reply Tamara, it was helpful, all a bit of a mindfield when you have not visited before.

Do you know if you have to be in the country to do the licence and white card, or can you sit them before you get there? so as to start work asap?

I have seen your website it also was useful and something we might consider ourselves doing when we arrive there, I am going to look into the areas were your houses are.

Thanks

Think you have to be here to do both courses as you have to attend, white card is only a day course easy to get. You would be better of working for someone first for a while before you think about getting your contractors licence. They do things a little bit diffrent here so I would suggest you work for someone first to get the hang of things you would will also need your own mixer, scaffold, plant etc There are a few brickys on here who will give you the heads up.

Guest kfoley0681

hi you would definatly have to be here to do any tafe courses as you have to physically go in. you will need to book in those courses and sometimes there is a wait. Also the ruling changed on what they do and dont allow on your previous experience about 1 year ago approx. you will need a licence initally to work for an employer that you can get through tafe and ocba and then it will take a little longer to get the contactors licence. there is always plenty of work here for tradies so you wont find that a problem at all. and tradies generally get paid between $20- $40 an hour

Guest geary11

bricklayer wanted !!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top Rates !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards Jason

J.GEAR BRICKWORK for all your Bricklaying needs bld 198794

• 1 month later...
Guest claire,Kirk+3ndog
bricklayer wanted !!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top Rates !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards Jason

J.GEAR BRICKWORK for all your Bricklaying needs bld 198794

Hi just joined site & looking over "tradies " we are in emigration process but just wondered if you could give me a lowdown on bricklaying & whats work like at the moment, wages, best areas/ways to get a job ect ect i expect you have been asked a thousand times!! - my hubby is 39 hes been self employed in uk for 7yrs now-hes a house builder from start-finish so very experienced, he would defo want to work for a boss when he gets there though to check out how its done over there, hes very hard working & very good at his job (im not biast!) he has great skills in intricate stonework/brickwork & loves his job (god im mumblin) anyway any info would be really great- oh we looking to live in Adelaide.:cute: