teaching jobs

LaurenG

Hello everyone, hope you are all well!?

I am a Secondary School Design Technology teacher and I am hoping to get my visa granted to move to South Australia later this year (fingers crossed.)

I have been keeping my eye on jobs over there for about a year and there never seem to be very many come up in Adelaide or surrounding areas (compared to other states) which is worrying me a little. I know its the holidays so its a quiet time for teaching jobs anyway but I have found this to be the general theme over the year.

I am hoping I am just looking in the wrong places; I tend to check www.careerone.com.au, www.mycareer.com.au, www.teachers.on.net and www.ais.sa.edu.au.

Can anyone suggest where else I could be looking or recommend any teaching agents?

Thank you!

You need to check the decs Employment Opportunities website where all public school jobs are advertised. However they have to be sent in to decs once the school decides what staff they need for the year. Not all schools are good at getting this done before the start of the new school year (in 2 weeks) because it largely depends on student numbers and budget considerations.

I am a Secondary School Design Technology teacher and I am hoping to get my visa granted to move to South Australia later this year (fingers crossed.)

I have been keeping my eye on jobs over there for about a year and there never seem to be very many come up in Adelaide or surrounding areas (compared to other states) which is worrying me a little. I know its the holidays so its a quiet time for teaching jobs anyway but I have found this to be the general theme over the year.

I am hoping I am just looking in the wrong places; I tend to check www.careerone.com.au, www.mycareer.com.au, www.teachers.on.net and www.ais.sa.edu.au.

Can anyone suggest where else I could be looking or recommend any teaching agents?

Thank you!

Hi

my husband is a design technology teacher and we have been here since August. There havent been many jobs advertised since we arrived, he has applied for a few but never even got an interview. He is working as an engineer just now until something comes up. There has been a few jobs advertised in the north of the city but as we live in the south have felt its too far to travel.

if you need any more info happy to help

karen

Guest Andrew&Ren

From what little I know teaching jobs are hard to get here in Adelaide. I have a friend who is a teacher and she found it hard getting a job when she first got here, there are teaching agencies though which she worked for.

Sorry I can't help more!

We too have been researching areas in the south to live, but may be need to consider the north if there is more work there.

Sounds quite worrying though. :/

I fully expect to have to go supply for a while or may even take a teaching assistant post just to get me some time in schools getting used to their systems and ways.

Kas17 - Do you know which websites/papers your husband uses to search for jobs? has he registered with any teaching agencies? If I come across anything I will let you know, although he is probably enjoying the engineering more than teaching!?

Would be useful to know the names of some teaching agencies so I can start enquiring.

Thanks guys! :)

We too have been researching areas in the south to live, but may be need to consider the north if there is more work there.

Sounds quite worrying though. :/

I fully expect to have to go supply for a while or may even take a teaching assistant post just to get me some time in schools getting used to their systems and ways.

Kas17 - Do you know which websites/papers your husband uses to search for jobs? has he registered with any teaching agencies? If I come across anything I will let you know, although he is probably enjoying the engineering more than teaching!?

Would be useful to know the names of some teaching agencies so I can start enquiring.

Thanks guys! :)

i'll get him to message all the sites he uses tonight, supply probably is the way to go but we couldnt afford to reach the school holiday times with no income. and yes he is enjoying the engineering, shame the pays poor though!

Karen

Guest Jo&Phil

You might find some casual work with Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) teaching adults, eg: TAFE

www.ntis.gov.au will give you a list of RTOs in Adelaide and you can search by industry/skill area to see which organisations offer the type of courses that match your teaching experience/expertise

Thank you!

My advice would be to get your teacher registration as quickly as possibly. Register with the state system (DECS) and visit the independent schools and try and speak to the senior teacher involved in TRT (supply).

The more flexible you are, the more likely you are to get work.

Best of luck,

Cooler