help

Guest liquorice

Guest liquorice

My husband and myself along with my 15 yr old daughter have just started to look into moving to Adelaide, but really dont know where to start. We would like to carry out the process on our own rather than use the services of an agent to keep costs down. Some back ground on ourselves is my husband is a plumber/water engineer with 8 yrs exp and I work as a sales manager for a department store and have 10 yrs exp in the field. We dont own our own house in the UK and would be looking into renting in Adelaide. Neither of us have any medical concerns. I have spent the last few days just looking at different thing on th einternet and I'm so confused???!!!

Can anyone please point us in the right direction:arghh:

Thanks

Hi there and a very warm welcome to the forum.

I would possbily give a few agents a call....first chat should be free i reckon.

there are a few around

Go matilda

George Lombard

Visa Bureaux

Just make sure they are Mara registered....

We did all our ourselves....well my mrs told me what to do and i just supplied it all...drop me a PM and we will give you a few pointers.

HG

My husband and myself along with my 15 yr old daughter have just started to look into moving to Adelaide, but really dont know where to start. We would like to carry out the process on our own rather than use the services of an agent to keep costs down. Some back ground on ourselves is my husband is a plumber/water engineer with 8 yrs exp and I work as a sales manager for a department store and have 10 yrs exp in the field. We dont own our own house in the UK and would be looking into renting in Adelaide. Neither of us have any medical concerns. I have spent the last few days just looking at different thing on th einternet and I'm so confused???!!!

Can anyone please point us in the right direction:arghh:

Thanks

we used ambler collins as an agent.my husband emigrated in 1999 and everything went smooth so we used them for my visa too.it depends really on how quick you want to get here,we only had a short time so making the decision to use an agent worked well for us.Mick is in the building trade and i am in hospitality/sales.we have only been here 2 months but if we can help in the slightest way then we will

Guest liquorice

Thanks for that.

Theres just so much to think about and dont know what to do first.

We are hoping to move late 2012 early 2013 so no really rush, My daughter takes her GCSE's next year and we need to start saving as we dont have a house to sell here.

How have you found your short time there?

Thanks for that.

We are hoping to move late 2012 early 2013 so no really rush, My daughter takes her GCSE's next year and we need to start saving as we dont have a house to sell here.

we have no children to think about but as for the house,we own our in England but couldn't sell it due to the currant market so we came out here with less money than we would of liked really but as for work,Mick got work within days of getting here and i start work on the 1st feb.we love were we live and loving the weather at the minute but I still feel lonley sometimes but no regrets so far!x

Guest liquorice

I have just completed an online survey to see if we could get a skilled worker visa as my husband is a plumber and has been for the past 8 yrs and it said we werent eligible... gutted but will still give it a go. I think I need to chat to an agent. I know its a personal qusetion but how much did the agent charge? how much did the visa cost?

Thanks so much for your help

Thanks for that.

its hard at time....wnt lie to you on that one...we have had some issues but thats with the big kids not Australia.

You got to keep focussed on the reasons why you came here in the first place, embrace the way the aussies do things around here as its alot different than the UK.

when summer is here its awesome, when winter comes its a bit cool...or even cold as some people would say.....especially after summer days of +35 degrees....

We had an sunset on the beach the other day and we had dolphins leaping out of the water....then a ray popped up to say hello...end to a beautiful evening ....

HG