Skills test bricklaying

Guest Mizzmp

OH is doing his skills practical in London 22nd feb, anybody else going?

Has anybody already done it that doesn't mind letting us know what they had to do?

Thanks guys

Guest dean berridge

Has anybody already done it that doesn't mind letting us know what they had to do?

Thanks guys

Hi

Haven't been on the test as of yet only just going to start process. How much does it cost? and did you enrol yourself or did an agent do it for you? As I am not sure if to the visa myself or use an agent. Anyway good luck with it and let me know what to expect.

Regards

Dean:huh:

Hi,

Briefly it was a raking corner with a pier, corbelled out with a brick on edge capping. Then there's a loads of questions about bricklaying. It was all pretty relaxed. I put it in a lot more detail on PomsinOz so you can also search there, just haven't got time to do it again at mo as it's a bit hectic here.

Damien

Guest Clarebear

Thanks guys

Hopefully my Oh will be on it too. Have been told to proceed to level 2 he just needs to pay basically! Shame its in London we had been told he would be able to do it in the North West where we live!?

Anyway he is very nervous and has put a lot of pressure on himself, just wish I could take some of it off him but thats the way it is I guess.

Hopefully my Oh will be on it too. Have been told to proceed to level 2 he just needs to pay basically! Shame its in London we had been told he would be able to do it in the North West where we live!?

Anyway he is very nervous and has put a lot of pressure on himself, just wish I could take some of it off him but thats the way it is I guess.

I'm doing my test on the 22 in london(diesel mechanic),We were also told it would be in northern england ,as we live in cumbria ,but I bet ive I lived in london the test would be up here:biglaugh:

Guest fazgallagher

Hello, i did mine in August in Preston, its ok once you get over the nerves general setting out and building to what is on the drawing, got it done in plenty of time so just tell him to get his head down and relax, if its the same bloke we had he's a bricklayer and they fly him in from Melbourne but he's ok and easy going. He won't tell you wether you passed or not though i got a text about 10 days later at 3 in morning and then an email, best feeling i had for ages.

Good luck

Guest Clarebear
Just read your thread about ass in feb, I have a list of what he gets ass on if any help?

That would be awesome! Just been searching the whole site for up to date info.

Cheers:notworthy:

Guest Clarebear
Hello, i did mine in August in Preston, its ok once you get over the nerves general setting out and building to what is on the drawing, got it done in plenty of time so just tell him to get his head down and relax, if its the same bloke we had he's a bricklayer and they fly him in from Melbourne but he's ok and easy going. He won't tell you wether you passed or not though i got a text about 10 days later at 3 in morning and then an email, best feeling i had for ages.

Good luck

Cheers for that, hope it goes as well for him! Congratulations!

Guest tootall74

if you a working bricky you will walk it,i was nervouse as hell when i turned up but trust me if you can hold your own on site you gunna p#ss it.

i am the dogs boll#cks tho!!!!!!

corner,racking cut,peir,corble,boe EASY

Guest dean berridge
Hi,

Briefly it was a raking corner with a pier, corbelled out with a brick on edge capping. Then there's a loads of questions about bricklaying. It was all pretty relaxed. I put it in a lot more detail on PomsinOz so you can also search there, just haven't got time to do it again at mo as it's a bit hectic here.

Damien

Hi Damien

How is the work prospect out where you are brother in law just moved from seaford to victor harbour. He's telling there is still shed loads of work for brickies. Is the correct?

Cheers

Dean

Hi Dean,

I finished bricklaying at Christmas. January is always quiet but there seems to be plenty on, especially in the north. Don't know about Victor though.

Damo