Whats the water company in Adelaide?

Guest Team Vickers

Guest Team Vickers

Hi all, my first thread and hopefully not my last. Wife and I want to move out with our two children to Adelaide. I currently work as a design team leader in the water industry. Was wondering if anyone works for the water company and/or if you know who to send my CV(sorry, resume) to for Adelaide Water or any local (civil engineering) consultants?

Hopefully I get sponsored, does anyone know how difficult/easy this is from experience?

It's worth sending your resume to the above, but I wouldn't hold out for sponsorship as it's quite rare in most industries unfortunately.

It may be worth getting in contact with a few agencies in Adelaide and seeing if they can get you in contact with some companies as many big ones only recruit through agencies.

Good luck and welcome.

Guest kangomik

Adelaide Aqua is the subby for the desal plant.

I wouldn't be banking on sponsorship from these guys.

Leed engineering do some big stuff, and Maritime construction.

Guest browny_oh

Design work is normally carried out by consultants.

Try SKM/KBR/Aurecon/PB/Tonkin, most of those are multinational/global and quite often transfer people between offices, but as per a previous poster suggested outright sponsorship is rare

Guest timstoolbox

May be a Red Herring but try www.thincprojects.com . This is only grapevine quality advice but they have a branch in Adelaide with (rumour has it) roots into the water industry. They are also international with branch in UK. Can't vouch for sponsorship as I know nothing about it.

Best of luck and I look forward to seeing you around!