• Results 1 to 2 of 2
    1. #1

      HCA's and nursing


      Does anybody know if its worth me doing a cert in healthcare or health science before I go? I want to work as an HCA or their equivalent with a view to later training as an enrolled nurse.

      I've got experience as an HCA with the NHS but no NVQ. Im hoping my experience and good reference will make it easier to get work.

      Any ideas?

    2. #2

      Senior Member
      Join Date
      May 2008
      198 times
      to be honest id wait and do your cert three when you get here. Most work for carers is is aged care though some hospitals do employ them. Most work done by hcas is done by enrolled nurses over here in hospital. Enrolled nursing will take you 12 months, a friend of mine did it combined with her cert 3 so could work as a carer after 3 months, hope that helps
      clare 39 clinical nurse educator, Rn/mhn, Alex 7



    Similar Threads

    1. nursing
      By asbo al in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 01-11-2009, 09:31 AM
    2. Nursing Universities??
      By Claire12 in forum Kids Down Under
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 29-09-2009, 07:53 AM
    3. Nursing work
      By julie-ruth in forum Jobs & Careers
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 01-01-2009, 08:39 AM
    4. Nursing job descriptions
      By woolmerdj in forum Jobs & Careers
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 24-10-2008, 02:30 AM
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums