Need help re job & wages !!!!

Guest petal

HI THERE WELL THIS IS MY FIRST POST ON HERE AND IM HOPING SOMEONE OUT THERE WILL HAVE SOME INFO, I DEPERATELY NEED...:jiggy:

WELL HERE GOSE MY OH IS IN THE ARMY AND WE HAVE 15 MONTHS LEFT AND YES WE HAVE ALWAYS LOOKED AT COMING TO AUSTRALIA, BUT NOW WE ARE IN A POSITION TO PUT OUR PAPERWORK IN. :jiggy:

WE HAVE CONTACTED A MIGRATION EXPERT AND OH QUALS SEEM TO HAVE ALL THE POINTS, HE IS IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS.

WE STILL HAVE TO SEE IF TRA WILL EXCEPT THEM BIGGEST HURDLE YET.

WHAT WE ARE FINDING HARD IS TO FIND INFO ON WHAT OH COULD EARN, MIGRATION EXPERT THINK HE WILL COME UNDER

( RADIO TECHNITION ) .......

DOSE ANY BODY KNOW IF OH WILL BE ABLE TO GET SPONSORSHIP TO COME TO ADELAIDE AND WHAT THE JOB POSPECT WILL BE FOR HIM AND OFF COURSE THE BIG QUESTION THE WAGES, WHAT HE MIGHT GET ..

SO SORRY FOR GOING ON I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS BUT THIS IS THE MAIN ONE..:chatterbox:

AND IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANY EMPLOYERS OUT THERE WE COULD CONTACT.

SORRY FOR WAFFLING ON BUT HELP WOULD BE APPRCIATED

CHEERS GUYS SUSAN X :jiggy:

• 3 weeks later...

Which part of telecommunications does he work in? I saw they had take one off the skills list for south australia as it was marked "not available"

seek.com.au is their main job site otherwise you may have to look at optus or vodaphone perhaps.

Might be worth getting your OH to look at a job with all the defence contractors. Adelaide is the Hub of Australia's miltary development, and being an ex-recruit myself, it's something i am also exploring. :)

Guest KevnCarol

I agree with Ratters if possible go with the ADF option if possible, no matter what you have done in the UK Army and what security classification you have it will not be recognised here no doubt, unless you are really at the top of your game then strings can get pulled (sometimes).

I am still cleared to secret in the UK and positivly vetted etc, etc it counts for nothing and being a citizen is all they(prime contractors eg Raytheon, ASC, BAE, Cobham, Thales, DSTO, Australian Aerospace, Gen Dynamics to name a few) seem to care about so a four year wait for citizenship a little gem the migration agent forgot to mention, until I can get back in to the defence industry if at all.

You might stand a chance with sub prime contractors, but no prime contractors want to know and thats with 20 plus years in defence and major defence contractor in UK.

PM e-mail and I will give you as much help as I can,.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with Ratters if possible go with the ADF option if possible, no matter what you have done in the UK Army and what security classification you have it will not be recognised here no doubt, unless you are really at the top of your game then strings can get pulled (sometimes).

I am still cleared to secret in the UK and positivly vetted etc, etc it counts for nothing and being a citizen is all they(prime contractors eg Raytheon, ASC, BAE, Cobham, Thales, DSTO, Australian Aerospace, Gen Dynamics to name a few) seem to care about so a four year wait for citizenship a little gem the migration agent forgot to mention, until I can get back in to the defence industry if at all.

You might stand a chance with sub prime contractors, but no prime contractors want to know and thats with 20 plus years in defence and major defence contractor in UK.

PM e-mail and I will give you as much help as I can,.

Hi kevin

Thank you for your reply my oh will have done 22 years + in army in march 2012 we have been looking to go to australia for quite afew years now but as you might know been advised we couldnt start until oh was in his final year .

OH is in the royal artillery and in the process of doing resettlement courses one he is doing is fibre optic and wifi which he will be doing in a matter of weeks. :goofy:

We have now got amigration expert and have sent off tra documents which we are waiting FOR THE RESPONSE which to be honest really nervous as you have waited so long , and then it could be a no.

When we spoke to the expert she seemed to think he would come under radio technition as did the tra guy who we are dealing with, and that is wanted on the list for SA which was hopeful as adelaide was our first option to go to.:jiggy:

Regarding the adf way we have already tried that route and dean isnt wanted they seem to want junior ranks at the moment so thats a no go so this it seems is the only way to go.

D o you really think we are going to have a nightmare in finding a sponsor for us and dean getting a job over there pending on tra results, the visa we are going for is 176

christ its amine field isnt it..

Where are u in uk or australia cldnt tell by address sorry losing the plot and either one could you let me know where you are in yr journey being still in uk or there and done all this already..

sorry for all my rambling but its nice to find someone might have some answears for us

many thanks sue ...

Might be worth getting your OH to look at a job with all the defence contractors. Adelaide is the Hub of Australia's miltary development, and being an ex-recruit myself, it's something i am also exploring. :)

HI James thanks for your reply where are u at have you already started process

and i guess you have already left the army, what were u in and are you finding process ok or lots of hurdels.

please let me know where you are and maybe we can help each other with some welcome advice :biglaugh:

cheers sue ....

Guest KevnCarol

Hi,

We have been here in Oz 18 months so still early days, enjoying it and it can only get better, if you send me a PM I will give you as much help as possible.

cheers

Kev.

Guest Mitchell

Just a note about the big defense contractors. Yes it's true you can't be security cleared unless you're an Aussie BUT they do have jobs that don't need clearance do have a look at their sites for the latest vacancies. BAE at least state on the vacancy if you need to be a citizen and I'm sure the others follow suit. Good luck!

Hi,

its been a while since I looked into this and things may have changed but if you join the regular Australian defence force you can get citizenship within 90 days but if you join the reserves you may still get citizenship in six months not 4 years, this was a couple of years ago so may have changed but may be worth looking into. It took a little digging as it seems many people who should have known this did not.

Simon:D