Hgv class c uk licence

chrisfen46

Hi can any one out there enlighten me on this subject. Read a few threads on excahanging my licence . Been told by some that uk class c hgv licence is not recognised in south aus. But have been in contact with a training school in adelaide that informs me that the south aus transport dept does recognise the uk equivelent,and that by filling in a section 80 form from the dept i can keep my hgv licence , is this true.

Dont know when we will be making the move wating to here about state sponsorship at mo. Just need to make few fact finding enquries for me...

Guest cornish Busdriver

I have already been through all this and its a pain in the arse lol lol

When i came to exchange my licences they would only accept my Car and motorcycle not my PSV/PCV and HGV with ADR.

Now i had in the UK

. Advanced Car driver

. Advanced Bike rider and part time bike instructor

. HGV 1

. Advanced PSV / PCV driver

Was a bit gutted when they would only accept the bike and car licence even though we are a lot more highly trainned and driving standard are a lot higher in the Uk.

Done the bus licence here even though its an auto and could have passed it with my eyes shut, totally turned my brain off and still passed with 100%.

However gonna upgrade to a manual licence this year as the bus and truck licence is basicaly the same thing.

Guest cornish Busdriver
hi thanks for that so i would have to do hgv test again, is there plenty of truck driving jobs avaliable,as thats what iwould be looking to do, my wife is a hairdresser so think she should be ok from what we here. also whats it like in seaford my wife like the look of it.

Yeah mate you will have to resit ya test and its a another licence again if ya wanna drive road trains.

The normal licence thats = to a HGV is a HC (heavy combination) and would possibly cost around around $1500 to $2000 to do.

Seaford is great if you like the layed back beach lifestyle, not so good if ya enjoy night clubs lol lol lol.

Great shopping mall and everyone is really friendly.

Guest shellymc

Hi

My hubby is a HGV driver too and Im a hairdresser, we have been asking the same questions. On this site someone mentioned that u can apply for an international drivers permit from the post office and it entitles u to drive in australia for 12months then u have to resit ur test. But dont know if it will b easy to get a job though and I think u need to have a white card as well as this helps with logistic companies who need drivers if that makes sense.

Shelly(39) Crichton(39) Dan(8) Ella(6)

Guest shellymc

Hi

Just sent off my TRA assessment so just got to wait for that, then get visa done asap. There is so many things to think about and wot order to do them in. We have got a house to sell as well and the market is not the best at the moment. I have a sister in Melbourne and thats were we wanted to go but hairdressing is not on the list, I'm also a hairdressing tutor and because I don't do the job for 24 hours a week I can't use that trade for my visa.Wot stage are u at?

Guest shellymc

OMG gud luck, thats really scary!! Do u have somewhere to live and have you got jobs to go to, I dont want to go over there with no jobs thats so scary for me, I need security. My hubby works for DHL over here but they don't do tranfers to Oz, will enquire nearer the time.