Accountants Jobs

Guest mevans12

Guest mevans12

Hi

First post on this forum, am considering makeing a South Australia State Sponsored Application this year, but was wondering what the jobs prospects were like for qualified Accountants in Adelaide.

I've been qualified (Chartered Insititute of Management Accountants) for about a year, with 6 years pre-qualifying experience in various roles.

Looking on mycareer.com.au there doesn't seem to be that much about compared to Sydney and Melbourne, and wondered if this was a true reflection on the current jobs market for Accountants in Adelaide?

Many thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Westies

Hi there,

This is a first for us too, so hopefully I'll do it right

We arrived in June last year and my husband is CIMA qualified. Before we left the uk he was given full acreditation from CPA due to his CIMA status as this is more favoured by employers. There are accountants roles around but obviously not as many as say Melbourne or Sydney. He used Hays and landed a perm job within a month. The majority of Management accountant roles are in the northern suburbs as there you'll find the larger manufacturing companies etc.

I would recommend Hays as your first point of call when arriving (or send CV across just before arriving) as they are the biggest here. Another website worth looking at is seek.com.au

Hope this helps

:cute:

Guest mevans12

Hi

Thanks for this info. Good to hear that your husband found work quickly.

Managment Accountants have just been removed from the State Migration Plan, so will now wait untill July to see if they come back on.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for this info. Good to hear that your husband found work quickly.

Managment Accountants have just been removed from the State Migration Plan, so will now wait untill July to see if they come back on.

Thanks

Have you considered changing your application to 132211 Finance Manager which (unlike 221111 Accountant which is still on the Plan but unavailable) is still on the Plan and Available? Shouldn't be an problem for someone who is CPA accredited.

Guest pandv_2000

Do you have enough points for the 175 visa? I was in two minds which occupation to nominate but Finance Manager isn't on the SOL so if it is removed from the SMP before I can get my visa in I can't apply any other way. I'm going to go for Management Accountant and apply for a 175 visa now that it is no longer available of the SMP. It may take longer but with the points changes coming in this July I want to apply sooner rather than later.

Guest mevans12
Do you have enough points for the 175 visa? I was in two minds which occupation to nominate but Finance Manager isn't on the SOL so if it is removed from the SMP before I can get my visa in I can't apply any other way. I'm going to go for Management Accountant and apply for a 175 visa now that it is no longer available of the SMP. It may take longer but with the points changes coming in this July I want to apply sooner rather than later.

Hi

Can't quite get enough points to qualify for a 175, so 176 or employee sponsored is only option, and from what I can see getting spsonred is difficult. Will now either wait untill July or maybe look at other states.

Thanks.