CV Advice from PIO - interesting reading

Diane

Guest Nicky&Andy

funny you say that, my "now" boss(whom i asked for feed back) said my cv was too personal with too much information, (but he did give me a job)

i think sometimes you can come across as too over qualified for a job , so depending on what job your applying for may be ajust it slightly

Hi, Been in the world of Recruitment for 23 years, CV's are a minefield, having read a few in my time i can assure anyone that reads this that a CV should relate to the position your applying for.

Common mistake is just to send a CV you got from your computer and not matching the skills you have to the skills they are looking for.

Happy to offer support to anyone who needs assistance in this area. But i dont do whinging poms lol Your in Ozzie now haha

Guest motlyman

Seek.com.au has some useful info on CV.s

It caters for all ages too which is useful because if you are older the CV will be slightly different to a younger person.

For example an older person would put more life experiences as opposed to school education etc.

I got the one and only job i applied for here in Oz using it so must be right!

Colin

Hi, Been in the world of Recruitment for 23 years, CV's are a minefield, having read a few in my time i can assure anyone that reads this that a CV should relate to the position your applying for.

Common mistake is just to send a CV you got from your computer and not matching the skills you have to the skills they are looking for.

Happy to offer support to anyone who needs assistance in this area. But i dont do whinging poms lol Your in Ozzie now haha

I agree the resume and covering letter must be tailored for the position. Another mistake people make is not sending a covering letter with their resume. I run workshops on Resume and Cover Letter Writing here and did in the UK as well and I have seen some shocking CVs/Resumes. I think the most amusing ones were the bloke that wrote on his resume the last time he visited his dentist and a girl who could XXX wax but was applying for an IT position!!!:biglaugh: