NNEB qualified job search

Guest manxstones

Guest manxstones

Hi,

I'm an NNEB qualified nursery nurse doing some research on the job front. My O/H is a joiner so coming out on his trades but i'm looking to return to working in childcare( after raising our family) on our arrival in oz later this year hopefully !Have mainly looked at local ads or recruitment agencies like Randstad. Does anyone have a good or bad experience with these agencies or is it better to approach the nurseries doing a cv drop.

Any advice would be great :cute:

Helen & Darren

Unfortunately your qualification won't allowed you to teach as qualified in childcare here(stupid I know) You will need to go back to college and do some of the units again(don't think it is many). If you want to work unqualified and be an assistant child care places are now looking for a cert 3..which yours would deffo be.

SA licensing and DECS are a real pain...in their opinion overseas qualifications aren't as good as sa ones....they live in cloud cuckoo land in my opinion!!!!!

Unfortunately your qualification won't allowed you to teach as qualified in childcare here(stupid I know) You will need to go back to college and do some of the units again(don't think it is many). If you want to work unqualified and be an assistant child care places are now looking for a cert 3..which yours would deffo be.

SA licensing and DECS are a real pain...in their opinion overseas qualifications aren't as good as sa ones....they live in cloud cuckoo land in my opinion!!!!!

I beg to differ. I am an NNEB qualified nursery nurse and came out here in 1999. My qualification was verified as equivalent to Community Services (Child Care) Certificate 3, which would enable me to work in Child Care Centres and Kindergartens, but not in schools. It also gave me 12 months credit for a teaching degree.

Hi

-I agree with Messua - i came here having done my NNEB from Uk and I too had my work RPL'd. Although I work here as a FamilyDaycare Provider and they require everyone to have at least a cert 3! All I needed to do here was Senior First Aid course and Child Safe Enviroments course.

I do not think you will have problems getting into Childcare Centres once your qualifications have been RPL'd - or even becomming a FDC provider.!

Please pm me if you require any more info

Cheers

Fiona

I beg to differ. I am an NNEB qualified nursery nurse and came out here in 1999. My qualification was verified as equivalent to Community Services (Child Care) Certificate 3, which would enable me to work in Child Care Centres and Kindergartens, but not in schools. It also gave me 12 months credit for a teaching degree.

The rules were tightened up last year. Anyone with qualifications approved prior to this..DECS and sa licensing are honouring. After 2010 your qualifications will not be accepted. She will need to get her qualifications assessed..then go back to tafe.

Check with the relevant authorities!

My director has a NNEB..She got herself qualified years ago....but wouldn't be able to today. Absolutely ridiculous.

I had to fight tooth and nail with an early years degee and 17 years of teaching!!!!

Guest lauraanddan
The rules were tightened up last year. Anyone with qualifications approved prior to this..DECS and sa licensing are honouring. After 2010 your qualifications will not be accepted. She will need to get her qualifications assessed..then go back to tafe.

Check with the relevant authorities!

My director has a NNEB..She got herself qualified years ago....but wouldn't be able to today. Absolutely ridiculous.

I had to fight tooth and nail with an early years degee and 17 years of teaching!!!!

i have a cache level 3 and have been approved as a certificate 3 here in adelaide

also my education studies degree from home has been equalled to an australian degree here just waiting to find out if it is equivilent to a teaching degree (which it isnt in uk but for some reason it has a high possibility of here ) they have now extended the amount of certificates they approved in SA as they are now becoming upto date with the rest of australia

Hi there

I dont know what the rules were in 1999, but when I tried to get my qualifications assessed in 2008, they were different. I have a NVQ level 3 in Early childhood care and Education.#, and that was assessed as a Cert 4, qualified I thought, however upon further investigation I discovered it was classed as qualified in every state in Australia apart from one!!!! Can you guess which one YEP this one.

I had to go back to TAFE ( at Croydon Park ) to complete a few units of the Diploma in Childcare, I go stacks of PRL and with me were 2 other women one had a NNEB and the other a CACHE level 3 all of us were classed as Unqualifed :realmad:, It doesnt take you long to do the work it manly involves doing planning which is very different from the UK style of planning.

Hope that helps

Jo xx:cute:

Guest manxstones

Hi, thanks for that info, that clears up the contradictions i've getting. I was planning on doing an nneb refresher course in the uk but now beginning to think i'll be wasting money and should just wait till we arrive in Adelaide hopefully later this year and get oz qualifications. Any advice on courses and who to contact would be gratefully received. Cheers Helen x