Fruit picking jobs - where to find them!

Kacymru

Hello ladies and gents!

I'm here in Adelaide on my first 12 month work/ holiday visa and would like to the 3 month's fruit picking out of the way so that I can get a second visa....

Have trawled the internet but not found a great deal of fruit picking jobs here in SA (but found lots of people LOOKING for work).

Anyone got any idea of where I can find jobs or if there are any fruit picking jobs going in and around Adelaide area?

Thanks!

Did you want to stay in SA? I reckon pretty soon the vineyards will need people to harvest, I have seen ads in the messenger before, but maybe even contact a few winerys and ask for direction? Alternatively, on a visit to Shepperton, Victoria, there seemed as if there would be a lot of fruit picking work there and there are some big production plants as the area is reliant on it.

Guest nicandchris

backpackers often have contracts with the vineyards, we found ours that way. we spent three weeks picking grapes at a vineyard and rented a caravan nearby - great fun!

You can follow the season around australia, we went from adelaide to melbourne (no fruit picking there) but then headed up to queensland (upper) and spent three months pruning orange trees - again great fun and i think that you can etend your years working holiday for another year when working on the farms! have a great time!! we earned so much money that we could fly to nz, buy a van and do some apple picking there, spent most of the year just travelling though so farm working can be a great way to earn some grat money.

Hello ladies and gents!

I'm here in Adelaide on my first 12 month work/ holiday visa and would like to the 3 month's fruit picking out of the way so that I can get a second visa....

Have trawled the internet but not found a great deal of fruit picking jobs here in SA (but found lots of people LOOKING for work).

Anyone got any idea of where I can find jobs or if there are any fruit picking jobs going in and around Adelaide area?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest agnex99

I did a one day grape picking job for 13/hr and its still ongoing but fear no PAY. Well, the payment is by bank in ur account and when i try to call them back, no answer and text them no reply... AM i going to get paid??? What happens if its no payment, whom shall I turned to?