Telcoms Engineer but what kind????????

Guest jasongd

Guest jasongd

Hi, I am just starting out on applying and need to get my skills assessed but the problem is I have worked all loads of diffrent fields and dont know which field to choose,

I have been to Australia before and completed Certificate II Telecommunications (Cabling).

I have worked in installations and servicing in everything from Network, Residential Business for BT and the cable compies. I have installed everything from fixed lines, PABX, switches, routers. I have sat courses with Avaya, Nortel, Mitel to name just a few I have also held my CCNA.

I have covered all types of cable topoligies, i.e Copper cabling CAT5e CAT6e, BT2003, BT3002, RA7000 RG6, RG10 AND RG45.

I have completed with distinction a CITY & GUILDS in fire optics both written and practical, I have also an SQA Higher National unit in Optical Fibre Principles Grade 1. I have worked on single and multi mode fibre various sizes and grades using every kind of connectors, using light meters for testing.

I have a great amount of structured cabling techniquies from building from scratch to fault rectification and jumpering and patching.

In the last few years I have moved into a Technical sales position but have kept a hand on the tools.

Please anyone help as I need my skills certified or my dream is dead.

Thanks Jason

• 2 months later...
Guest terjo

Hi,

Ive just found your post, not on here that often :-). If you go on the MILCOM website it gives you the criteria you need for the areas available to you, you may find that you need to cross over some of those skills to get a better qualification, my OH ended up with a AQF111.

Hope this helps, if I can help further let me know.

Terjo

Guest buzz atkins

hi mate im going over to oz sat 7th and i'll be looking out for work in the telecoms sector as ive been a fibre engineer for the last 13 years let you know what i find out "j" also my mate emigrated to melbourne last november hes looking into it for me best of look buzz

Guest jasongd

Alright Mate,

Thanks for the info,

I know Downer are looking for Splicers not sure where and also Huawie are also on the look out for various Telco positions.

Have you done your ACA Certification ? I done mine over there in 2002 but it has expired

Jason