Hi, we're thinking of taking the plunge and are in the first stages of it all. Hubby is a Civil Engineer by trade but has been told that he can only apply for a skilled workers visa if his degree is recognised.

I have concerns immediately about this because his degree is in Construction Management, not Civil Engineering, but it was Civil Engineering that he went straight into after uni and has been an engineer on road, windfarm, and substation jobs. He is working towards his Chartership but this takes a number of years to complete.

We both have degrees but mine is general, we are married and have one son. I do have family in Adelaide but itís not direct family its my mumís direct family.

We were planning on moving out for 3-5 years minimum to see if we liked it but I think our dreams may be dashed already, can anybody help?

Many thanks