something a bit different...volunteers wanted

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi everyone,

I have recently started a new job and got involved with a project involving adults with an intellectual disability. This project will develop, and the individuals involved will be moving into community houses. We are currently looking for volunteers, i know what you are saying, i'm busy enough, i haven't got time and maybe you haven't. However this could be useful if you are wanting a job in the care industry, or if you are studying, some people do this if they are completing there cert 3 in Disability to gain experience, maybe you are struggling to find work, voluntary work always looks good on your Resume.

You can volunteer for as many hours as you like, 1hr a week if you wish, it may be to support them with a particular activity, maybe a voluntary job they participate in or it may just be to accompany them on a walk. If you were to volunteer we would match you with someone you felt comfortable with and who felt comfortable with you, and there would be several meetings before you both went on activities together.

I am also looking for organisation's that may want a volunteer, many of our volunteer's would come along with a support worker/volunteer and would be guided through any tasks they were set. For example, we have quite a few people at present in the community working in libraries, Op shop's, delivering meal's on wheel's etc.

I would like to emphasise that you don't have to give up much time, as much or as little as you can spare. I did voluntary work when i was in the UK, not only was it rewarding but it looked great on my Resume when i applied for jobs here. If you are studying it would be great experience!

If anyone is at all interested or knows of anyone that is, please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks Jo

Guest Guest75

Nah - leave it here and it will get more hits:cute:

I'm up for this:cute:

I ain't studying or wanting to work in this area of expertise but just think I'd enjoy a few hours a week helping.

Fishing / boat trips?????

I'll pm contact details.

I'm looking for a change in life at the moment.

My 5000th post and so glad it was a subject such as this:embarrassed::embarrassed:

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Thanks guys, congrats on the post Tyke and i can actually think of someone who loves to fish who i think you would be a great volunteer for.:jiggy:

Cheers Jo

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

If anybody is thinking about this but not sure if it is for them,feel free to pm me and i can phone you to give you a bit more detail about the guys we support and the job role.

Cheers Jo:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest75

Well - I'm sat here filling in the usual forms for my new role as a volunteer and buddy to some lovely folk.:D:D

This looks to be a great scheme.

No pressure and you only have to give up a few hours a week / fortnight.

I'll give regular updates on my progress.:cute:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Colin Taylor

Hi there, I'll keep this initial reply short incase this offer is no longer on.

My names Colin and I am now looking for a new career in disability care so volunteer work would

be a great start.

Hope to hear from you.

Colin.

• 2 months later...
Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Would really appreciate it if you could leave this as sticky, as people are coming over all the time and could easily miss this, and this is a real worthwhile cause.

Cheers :))

• 1 month later...
Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi everyone,

See there are a few people arriving in the next few months. Just thought i would bump this this thread up!

PM me if you have any questions

Thanks everyone so far :notworthy:

Jo x

• 1 month later...
Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi,

Just thought i would bump this up as always looking for volunteers, maybe some new arrivals looking to do some volunteering.

Thanks Jo