• Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Thread: SA Police - Recruiting from the UK

gmdpol
      Quote Originally Posted by aic View Post
      one more thing regarding the application, the application form do you need to write it then scan it into your computer. this is because you cannot type onto the form that you down load? help someone please.
      We are going to fill out all forms , scan and then email...because it does say to email. Email I think would be the quickest safest option too.:o

Title
      Liked
      177 times
      Rep

Answers

They can pit you anywhere, they will pit you more than likely in Adelaide as they have lots of spaces. Can't really answer that although you could offer to go country.
      Cost depends on lots of things, anywhere from flights only to about 15-25k sterling
      Wife should be able to work maybe start asking hospitals as you get closer. She would be a great choice for hospital as she would be a permanent resident
      Cost of living it's certainly going up, if you were both working in about 12-18 months you would be comfortable on two wages. Police gave just secured good pay boost.
      Pending yes you can transfer but make sure your staying before you do as it can not go back
      Good luck
      Be aware the forum site iissues Rose tinted glasses and does not promote the truth about the move

1. Where will they put me as I have a 8 and 5 year old.
      2. Cost of the move??

4. Cost of living? Pay scale for someone like me?
      5. Pension (can we transfer it and what it like with SAPOL)
      Any info on this or anything to stop the wife worrying would be great.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

mikeya
      Has anyone had problems getting the email through the SA Police gateway???

kimnjamie
      I'm going to send mine on Friday 1st April. Hopefully that's enough time???!!!! As a form of insurance I'm scanning it to a friend who's going to drop it in at the recruitment office.

kimnjamie
      Fingers crossed and good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Title
      Liked
      91 times
      Rep
      Good luck all - get in touch if you need some advice.
      Short term fully furnished 3-bed rental in Happy Valley.
      ABN 23916701051
      jmdrentals.com.au

mikeya
      Application finally sent - fingers crossed & playing the waiting game!!!

danboy
      Eeeekkk!!!! I've finally completed my application form!!! Having to fork out £50 for a medical from my GP did not sit easily with me considering I was in there 10 minutes!!!

Just need to scan the bits and bobs onto the computer and email it off. I take it that's the way people are doing it and not mailing it?

Cheers.

Dan.

mikeya
      Dan,

Be sure that the size of the email is not bigger than about 5mb, which means you'll have to a few emails. I had to send 5 in total, but I did scan all my police certificates and some professional ones as well.

I asked them to reply that it had been received & got an email stating that it had been fully received.

Good luck mate & we may meet on one of the examination days.

danboy
      Quote Originally Posted by mikeya View Post
      Dan,

Be sure that the size of the email is not bigger than about 5mb, which means you'll have to a few emails. I had to send 5 in total, but I did scan all my police certificates and some professional ones as well.

I asked them to reply that it had been received & got an email stating that it had been fully received.

Good luck mate & we may meet on one of the examination days.
      Thanks very much for the info buddy. I wouldn't have known otherwise. Hope to see you in London.

•  
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast