Im writing this thread wondering if anyone is in a similar position? its been a very long road to get to the point where we are today (and hardly there at all sometimes it feels). Since my interview last May with Peyton Ogrady - filling RMN positions in Adelaide - which i was offered straight away ive tried to stay positive through the rollercoaster of emtions. I outlined clearly during the interview that it would be at least 18 months until we would be able to head over and Alex (head of nursing) was cool about that - saying that they were staggering the influx of RMNs anyway.
I was on maternity leave until December this year and (as outlined to Peyton) really unable to get the house selling aspect of it really moving until i returnedto work and had money coming in. Weve needed do work on the house in orderto sell and couldnt get away from that. Ive always been honest and upfront about this to Peyton and have had to gradually work through the process - ielts, qualifications etc all sent off to the nursing registration, told work and family (most of them) what was happening and the 'big move' weve now sorted out the money to do the house up and put on the market in the next three-four weeks. Were packing up the stuff in the loft and getting things sorted. OH has gone onto meds for his bp as he doesnt want to fail the medical.
WELL, my oh has been especially concerned about 'what if the house doesnt sell in time' what happens then? I have mentioned this inthe past to the agency representative (there has been two and it would seem that the've both got the boot) who like the inital Alex have seemed ok ie that the position would stand until the following year (beginning) so ive felt ok about that. However, i mentioned it again to Peyton and was shocked to hear that there may not be a position if i couldnt make the 18month deadline.
She went so far as to say that it of course was our decision on what we had to do in order to get to adelaide for the deadline ie whether we rent the house out or not or just decide not to go at all! im upset that whilsteverything is going on - all weve done and are doing that that could happen.
She is going to get back to me about whether they would extendthe deadline but if they wont then im in a really bad position right now. All the time and effort put into this so far - would it be worth going for the visa and medicals if the house doesnt sell and i lose the job. - unsure of how they stand on the sponsored visa front?
Sorry this is long winded but anyone else in a similar position?