Working for Adelaide hospitals

Guest Jadeyk

Guest Jadeyk

Hiya, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of working for any Adelaide hospitals? I'm going to be looking at working for one when we get out there. TQEH has shown an interest in me. Does anyone have an opinion in working for them? Cheers

Guest Guest6899
....and me. Can I ask who is staying to support the NHS??

Not me!! iv only been in it for 2yrs and its the worst company iv ever worked for!!! :sad:

Guest Jadeyk

No problems with NHS.. People don't realise how lucky they are here! I chose NHS over boots/lloyds/rowlands community pharmacies which pay FAR more money than NHS in my job as a pharmacist but would like to know about the reputations of the hospitals over there x

Guest Amanda12
No problems with NHS.. People don't realise how lucky they are here! I chose NHS over boots/lloyds/rowlands community pharmacies which pay FAR more money than NHS in my job as a pharmacist but would like to know about the reputations of the hospitals over there x

Me too, watching your thread. :)

Hiya, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of working for any Adelaide hospitals? I'm going to be looking at working for one when we get out there. TQEH has shown an interest in me. Does anyone have an opinion in working for them? Cheers

Hi, a friend of a friend has worked there for nearly twenty years. I've never asked them if they like it, but as they have a long journey from Aldinga, I reckon they must do.

Cooler

Guest Guest6899

Maybe if you note the area you may work out where i work!! Its been very public lately ever since the day i started working there. Its an understatement the very low moral and how you are treated by managers, relatives and patients. Iv never even received a £5 g/v for xmas considering i work extra hours o/time a week unpaid and no breaks (this is the norm). Sorry but my experience of the NHS is it crap!! (or the trust) and i cant wait to see the back of it.

However this thread is about Adelaide and not the NHS... Lets sing "things can only get better"

Guest Jadeyk

Lol haven't looked at the possible trust you work for but does ANYONE in the NHS get a bonus at Xmas? My OH works for a private computer company and only got a £10 sainsburrys voucher... Isn't it only bankers that get bonuses? X

Guest Amanda12
Maybe if you note the area you may work out where i work!! Its been very public lately ever since the day i started working there. Its an understatement the very low moral and how you are treated by managers, relatives and patients. Iv never even received a £5 g/v for xmas considering i work extra hours o/time a week unpaid and no breaks (this is the norm). Sorry but my experience of the NHS is it crap!! (or the trust) and i cant wait to see the back of it.

However this thread is about Adelaide and not the NHS... Lets sing "things can only get better"

I'm not saying anything but I guess we would have a few things to talk about! Lol

Hi there

Well we arrived 10 months ago and I had a job to come to at the Women's & Childrens.......a bit of a culture shock at first BUT i love it!

Fantastic team, made to feel very welcome.

One of our friends works at the Queen Liz and says its a great place to work, she is away this weekend but will speak to her next week, let me know which dept, specific questions and will try and get some answers for you.

Have to say that having worked in the NHS since 1988, do not regret the move at all except for missing dear friends & family........my working conditions here are fantastic compared to England!!!!

Hope this helps. :jiggy:

The NHS is a bloody marvellous institution.......worked in it for 21 years befor coming to OZ!!

If it wasnt for the bullying from non medical/ nursing managers; the bullying from stupendously ambitious butt kissers,and the wasted millions on providing interpreters for people who had no real interest in contributing to the system, let alone learning english........ i would have stayed there!! Its about the bottom line now......not at all what Nye Bevan had in mind!!

The system here isnt so bad, yet. Not worked in, nor had any experience of the public sector here...........mercifully. Heard its not so bad; pay is better than the private sector, workloads about the same from what i hear!!

The private sector is vast here, and there is always work to be found. Smaller hospitals can be a bit short on work when the medics are away........but thats the luck of the draw..........

Good luck with your job search.

• 3 weeks later...