Ahpra have taken my money-woohoo

Guest nicandchris

Guest nicandchris

Hi just wanted to post this so as all those waiting for aphra registration can see that applications must be being processed quite quickly now.

I sent off my Ahpra registration at the end of Jan and ive just checked my bank account and they have taken my money! woohoo i will be able to apply for the skills assessment in due course!

Nic x

Guest Guest6899
Hi just wanted to post this so as all those waiting for aphra registration can see that applications must be being processed quite quickly now.

I sent off my Ahpra registration at the end of Jan and ive just checked my bank account and they have taken my money! woohoo i will be able to apply for the skills assessment in due course!

Nic x

Hi me too, i sent mine off the beginning of March and money taken today. Lets hope the delays were just the backlog and now it will get sorted sooner!!

Fingers crossed!!!!:o

Lisa

• 1 month later...

I emailed AHPRA this week as i applied in Feb and money taken in April but still not heard anything. The email i received said they still have not looked at my application!! GGRRRR wish they would pull their finger out!! Anyone else heard any news?

Bev

Congratulations on getting your visa - you said it wouldn't be long!

We got our SS approved yesterday. The girls are booked in to stay at my mum's Friday night whilst we celebrate!! It may involve some wine. It may involve a lot of wine!!!

I hope you celebrated in style ;-) What am I saying? You're a Barnsley lass - ofcourse you did!!

So when are you off? Did you say summer time?

Rach x

Hi

AHPRA have had my registration documents since October 2010!!!!

They took the money in March this year and the same month contacted me to advise that they had lost three of my documents!!!!!

Have now been advised that my application is going to panel in early June, but don't now how long it will be until I hear from them.

So far not impressed with AHPRA.

Good luck x

Congratulations on getting your visa - you said it wouldn't be long!

We got our SS approved yesterday. The girls are booked in to stay at my mum's Friday night whilst we celebrate!! It may involve some wine. It may involve a lot of wine!!!

I hope you celebrated in style ;-) What am I saying? You're a Barnsley lass - ofcourse you did!!

So when are you off? Did you say summer time?

Rach x

Thanks hun! Congrats on getting your SS!! Now for the hard work with the visa! Are you applying yourself or through an agent?

Enjoy Friday night and have lots and loats of wine (have a few for me too!). Course i celebrated in style, i finished a 14.5 hour shift then went into Plymouth. Yeah we will be back up north late July and hope to fly out there late Aug/early Sept xxx

Guest nicandchris

Hi sent off my application at the end of jan and money taken 13th APril and havnt heard anything yet. Got in touch with Peyton again who said two weeks ago that they would be contacting AHPRA on my behalf and despite contacted them again they havnt returned my calls or emails- very frustrating as im waiting to get the registration back before i can apply for the modified skills assessment!

Guest Guest6899

Iv not heard anything since they took my money in April, I emailed them and they advised they are doing them all in chronological order and could not state where i was in the queue. Looks like we could still be in for a wait!!!

Lisa

Guest Kat+Rocco

hi all

I sent my application to APHRA in early march, money taken mid April and got an email from them 6th May to say my application was in process and they would be in contact if any futher documentation was required??!!

Not sure how long i'll have to wait...had interview 2weeks ago and job mine pending references:jiggy:so hope things are going to start moving soon

Anyone heard anything yet regarding their application?

Guest Guest6899
hi all

I sent my application to APHRA in early march, money taken mid April and got an email from them 6th May to say my application was in process and they would be in contact if any futher documentation was required??!!

Not sure how long i'll have to wait...had interview 2weeks ago and job mine pending references:jiggy:so hope things are going to start moving soon

Anyone heard anything yet regarding their application?

Hi mine states application been processed since the 8th April but not heard anything since :sad::sad:i could do with mine getting sorted as i know i have made mistakes on the application so will take longer. Dont want to apply for jobs until i have it.

Lisa

Guest Kat+Rocco
Me neither! What the hell is wrong with these people! I sent mine in Feb, payment taken April and still waiting. When i emailed they said that mine hadn't been looked at yet! What do i do?!?

I wish I knew what they were doing by the sounds of it they don't seem to know themselves :nah:

All people want to know is what's happening and what stage in the process you are at!! This is people's futures that they are messing with and I don't know about anyone else but my stress levels are through the roof with all these applications and waiting and no knowing what's happening:arghh:

Fingers crossed we all hear something soon....would love to hear that someone has had a positive response from APHRA;)

I have read on Poms in Oz, that Perth are getting applications done much quicker, some in 6 weeks. I sent mine in by 18/4/11 and was given a contact name in Adelaide AHPRA by the nursing agency. I sent them an e-mail and explained about the Perth office being much quicker (and how this was an inequity in their service) and how my job offer will not allocate me to a base area until registration is sorted and BEGGED that I have some acknowledgement before I arrive in September! :-)

Anyway, they e-mailed me the next day to say they had my application in front of them and would be processing it soon. Was impressed with the speedy response!

I later had another e-mail stating that my NMC verification from the ANMC file, had now expired, so I had to request this again from NMC.....

So, the wait continues:-(

Guest EVANS
I wish I knew what they were doing by the sounds of it they don't seem to know themselves :nah:

All people want to know is what's happening and what stage in the process you are at!! This is people's futures that they are messing with and I don't know about anyone else but my stress levels are through the roof with all these applications and waiting and no knowing what's happening:arghh:

Fingers crossed we all hear something soon....would love to hear that someone has had a positive response from APHRA;)

Hi! I found this site whilst doing a search myself. Im an Aussie, but I joined just to let you know that you're not alone in your frustration. Since the change over from the ANB (Australian Nurses Board) to AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Authority) it has been a nightmare. I have a thousand questions for them and have not been able to get in touch either. Im just going to have to send in my registration and hope I have done the correct thing. The rules and legislations have changed and it took them so long to even get their information straight. If I can be of any assistance this end let me know, but just wanted to say that, yes, they are very badly organised even if youre an Australian nurse. :)

Oh my god!! Got an email this morning! - I am pleased to inform you that the assessment of your application is now complete and you will be registered as a nurse in Australia as soon as you present to the AHPRA office with proof of your identity and meet criminal history requirements.

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Can't believe it i thought i'd still be waiting when we got to Adelaide! Fingers crossed everyone hears something soon xxx

Oh my god!! Got an email this morning! - I am pleased to inform you that the assessment of your application is now complete and you will be registered as a nurse in Australia as soon as you present to the AHPRA office with proof of your identity and meet criminal history requirements.

:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Can't believe it i thought i'd still be waiting when we got to Adelaide! Fingers crossed everyone hears something soon xxx

:) Top news, made up for you!! So is that everything sorted for you now, then?

Rach x

Thanks hun!!! Yep thats it, just need to find a job now! Where abouts are you at with the visa now? xxx

:cute: Ah hem, visa??

Nearly sorted...ish! Agent is away this week so will be ringing him Tuesday to lodge. Will hopefully have all documents organised by then too (still waiting on stuff from Ian's accountant and suppliers) - so still within the time limits!

Looking at other posts, COs are being allocated quite quickly at the moment. Ian had mentioned possibly having a visa by Xmas, which I thought was a bit 'pie in the sky', but now I think he could actually be right.

'Tis all very exciting and scary stuff!!

Got an extension to build before we can even think about putting the house on the market and LOTS of decluttering to start on. So if you know anyone up here who will buy toys in nearly new condition, point 'em in my direction. We have a LOT of them to shift!!! Perhaps it's time to become better acquainted with ebay, selling, not buying:)

Rach x

:cute: Ah hem, visa??

Nearly sorted...ish! Agent is away this week so will be ringing him Tuesday to lodge. Will hopefully have all documents organised by then too (still waiting on stuff from Ian's accountant and suppliers) - so still within the time limits!

Looking at other posts, COs are being allocated quite quickly at the moment. Ian had mentioned possibly having a visa by Xmas, which I thought was a bit 'pie in the sky', but now I think he could actually be right.

'Tis all very exciting and scary stuff!!

Got an extension to build before we can even think about putting the house on the market and LOTS of decluttering to start on. So if you know anyone up here who will buy toys in nearly new condition, point 'em in my direction. We have a LOT of them to shift!!! Perhaps it's time to become better acquainted with ebay, selling, not buying:)

Rach x

Yeah they seem to be allocating them quite quickly, keeping my fingers crossed for you guys! Once you have a CO get your medicals done then it will be a quicker process. Good luck with the decluttering...i have no idea where to start!! I have a very spoilt niece and nephew but i'll ask if they want any more toys! Looking forward to meeting you all when we get back up north :cute: xxx