Occupational Therapists

Guest beanyeva

Guest beanyeva

Hi I'm new to the forum.

Would love to hear from any occupational therapists who have made the move to South Aust as I am hoping to move in 2 years.:D

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Louise

Guest beanyeva

Can I add you both to my friends list for future reference.

Would love to be in a position to come over now but still have 2 yrs of study.

Do you think I would struggle to find a job newly qualified. I guess I would have quite a bit of competition with the new grads out there as they would automatically get reg where as I have to go through the 6 mth audit.

Just out of interest what part of Adelaide are you living in as I need to check out house prices also. I would want a nice community with a good primary school. My daughter will be 5 and my son 17 when I go.

Louise

Guest sun01

Hi

Hope you don’t mind me jumping on this thread but after some advice. I currently live in Adelaide and work in a admin role in Health. I’m looking for a new career direction and am looking at training as an Occupational Therapist. Can anyone point me in the right direction as where to look at the training/studying for this. I understand I would need to go uni and that is fine. Is it a course I can do part time. I have looked through the Flinders Uni web site but am quite confused about which foundation course I would need to do. Any advice/tips would be GREATLY appreciated .

Thanks in advance

Guest kas17
Hi

Hope you don’t mind me jumping on this thread but after some advice. I currently live in Adelaide and work in a admin role in Health. I’m looking for a new career direction and am looking at training as an Occupational Therapist. Can anyone point me in the right direction as where to look at the training/studying for this. I understand I would need to go uni and that is fine. Is it a course I can do part time. I have looked through the Flinders Uni web site but am quite confused about which foundation course I would need to do. Any advice/tips would be GREATLY appreciated .

Thanks in advance

University of south Australia have a bachelor of applied science (OT) course, I dont think its a degree you can do part time. That course is 4 year full time. I trained in the UK so hopefully there will be someone else who can give you more info

Karen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jmtomo

hi there, hope you dont mind me posting you im an OT been working for 12 years, in uk and nz and now here, if you need any help with your son i have worked with children and adolecents with ASD and aspergers since 2001, im currenlty doing workcover stuff here full time and have four sons of my own, so im not very up ion the childrens/ adolescent services here, but if you wanna pick my brains and if I can help in anyway id bve glad to help, and also get to know a new person, we only arrived two weeks ago

cheers

jo