I have asked this question before about two years ago but didnt get much response and wonder if things have changed. I am a qualified special needs teaching assistant but have been told that jobs are few and far between in Australia and also usually very temporary and not that well paid. As this role is usually part time in UK I have also for the last 2 years been working on the supply bank for the local NHS hospital as a Clinical Support Worker (also known as nursing auxillary or band 2) however, like many CSW I have no specific formal qualifications in nursing care, just on the job training/experience. Can anyone tell me if the equivalent of this role exists in Australia and if it would be possible for me to gain employment with experience of NHS but no qualifications. I assume they will not be called Clinical Support workers in Australia but imagine that they must exist in some form or other. Would love to hear from anyone who knows anything relating to health care in South Australia. Thanks