Job For Electricians

Guest SeznDarbz

Guest SeznDarbz

Hi

I've worked for an small Electrical company for nearly two years, we have 3 sparky's and an apprentice. Troy is a sound bloke and good to work for and he's looking for more electricians to cover the expanding workload he's got. Below is the Ad he put in the paper, if anyones interested get in touch at the email address in the advert.

Thanks

Martin

ELECTRICIAN

About the Job

Progressive Small Business - Customer Service Focus - Above Award Rates. A vacancy exists for an experienced fully qualified electrician with a long established small business. The ability to work without supervision is essential together with experience in the commercial and domestic sectors. CBus qualifications would be advantageous as would experience in solar installations. The successful candidate will have a highly professional approach and be able to demonstrate attention to detail and a strong customer service focus. Above award rates will be offered to the right person. Applications should be forwarded to integrity@baonline.com.au

Guest karratha1

Hi

My husband is second year adult apprentice electrician looking to transfer his apprenticeship from WA to SA as we need to move there asap. His father passed away 3 weeks ago and he needs to be near his mum who is now alone. Any advice on this or jobs going?

Thank You

Guest Clarky

Hi Martin

My OH is electrician (25yrs self employed NICEIC), unfortunately wont be out there until August. He is going to contact PEER to do the GAP course whilst we are still in UK and hopefully sit the necessary exam(s) when we arrive. He had thought about doing the Solar panel course in the UK - Do you think this is worth it?

Also, can you give a ball park on earnings for him in Adelaide - we're trying to do the math on what we both need to earn when we get there, but lots of adverts dont say what the salary might be.

Any info greatly received

Cheers

Trish

• 6 months later...
Guest Barney Rubble
Hi Martin

My OH is electrician (25yrs self employed NICEIC), unfortunately wont be out there until August. He is going to contact PEER to do the GAP course whilst we are still in UK and hopefully sit the necessary exam(s) when we arrive. He had thought about doing the Solar panel course in the UK - Do you think this is worth it?

Also, can you give a ball park on earnings for him in Adelaide - we're trying to do the math on what we both need to earn when we get there, but lots of adverts dont say what the salary might be.

Any info greatly received

Cheers

Trish

Hi people, will assist where i can . . .

Solar has practically dropped off of the earth now the rebates have ceased, You may get a job with an electrical company and, depending on the type of company they may see fit to pay you as a tradesman if they think you are going to stay. From memory, the A class exam is held periodically, it used to be every 6-months but am not so sure atm, PEER would best be able to advise on that one.

Earning for a commercial 'A' Class can be from $29.50 - $35.00/hr approx.

Others pay more and some may try and pay less.

Industry standard is 40-hr week, get paid for either 36 or 38 hours then get an RDO (rostered day off) every 2 (36hr week) or 4 (38 hr week) weeks. This is on top of your 160 hours (4 weeks) a/leave.

Make sense ?

Did all this several years ago so not 100% on the qualifications side of things, everything else i do daily !