• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Getting Uk childcare qualifications ( nneb) assessed here in Adelaide.

266 times
      I have just got my NVQ2 RPL'd by Tafe, Tafe made it a cert 3 and knock a few units off my diploma I had to do 9 more units to get my diploma. A friend who has a nnbe done the same as me and she had to do 8 more units all a bit confusing as she ran her own centre in the UK and only has to do 1 unit less than me. Just got to pull my finger out and do it now!!:GEEK:
      Got 175 visa 18th April 08
      landed on planet Adelaide 26th Oct 08 LOVE IT!!

422 times
      Be very wary about child care centres saying you are qualified. They don't have a clue. If accreditation or sa licensing rock up and take a look at the staffs qualifications..which has happened twice to me in the last 3 years..your bum won't touch the floor and the owners will be in big trouble as they will be operating on a qualified staff/child ratio that is illegal. Worst case scenario they can shut the centre down.

Quote Originally Posted by -Leigh- View Post
      Hi, my fiancée has just gone through all this.

She had a cache diploma in the UK and she went to currie st and had them assessed. It came back as a certificate 4 in childcare, but then it was assessed by her employer, and they said it is equivalent to a Diploma in childcare?! Go figure.

Anyway, you can work as unqualified whilst training as far as I know as there are people doing this at her child care centre. Obviously pay is quite low though.

If you want any info then PM me and I shall get her to reply to you as I only know what she's told me about the process.
      just a quick question who is your partner's employer as ive had my diploma assessed by currie street which also came back as a level 4 and i would like to have it reassessed again to gain a diploma level

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12