UK or Aussie Electrical Tradie wanted for Solar Panel installation here in SA

Guest Dave Wilson

Guest Dave Wilson

In the interests of giving the "Poms" a fair go, I have a need in late May early June for a UK or Aussie certified Electrician to assist in Solar Panel installation and general electrical work.

As my parents immigrated in the "70's" and having some close mates that have come over in the last 2 years, I am conscious of how hard it can be to get a fair go.

I am looking for a UK sparkie, who has a trade certification in the UK, but not yet applied for their A class electrical licence in Australia or an A class who wants some work.

Job initially will be assisting solar panel installation around South Australia, around 1st fix roofing and 1st -2nd fix electrical working with a bunch of Poms and Aussie builders and tradies- so you must be technically minded, physically fit, etc, and able to work at heights.

Depending on the person, I would be willing to assist in getting your Aussie trade certifcate, and also help with getting design and install certifications for Solar panel accreditation.

Due to National Demand we may have the opportunity to work interstate, but I anticipate most of the work being Metropolitan Adelaide and Local country, being away from home a few days for the regional work, So it could be a great way to see the country.

Initially either casual or contract and possibly leading to full time.

Give Dave Wilson a call on 0419 264 183 if you feel this could be a job for you.

• 10 months later...
Guest needing help

Hi Dave

seen your post i know it was done in 2011,but we are trying to get into aus as 2 electricians with an added PV qualification and not getting no where.

keep getting told all different story's on come to our seminar and you will find the answers, been on different forums and found them having very little info on sponsors or whether we need to do the A license or the OTSR here in the UK or is it something we can do in aus while working.

Also tried contacting a few of the companies as well but again no help. If you could help it would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

Hi Dave

seen your post i know it was done in 2011,but we are trying to get into aus as 2 electricians with an added PV qualification and not getting no where.

keep getting told all different story's on come to our seminar and you will find the answers, been on different forums and found them having very little info on sponsors or whether we need to do the A license or the OTSR here in the UK or is it something we can do in aus while working.

Also tried contacting a few of the companies as well but again no help. If you could help it would be much appreciated

Many Thanks

To get the visa you need your trade assessed by vetesses first which gives you the OSTR. Once in Oz this gives you a restricted license and you have to do the regs course and complete a log book for 6 months whilst working as a trades assistant. Once in oz you can also get re assessed by the TRA for an ARTC cert but this has to be done in oz and after the visa is granted so you need the vets first. with an ARTC and the regs cert you get a full license.

For solar to get CEC accredited you need to do the solar install and or the design course or be able to provide proof of prior learning. The prior learning usually involves a trades test in oz as well. This will give you a provisional license to design or install or both depending on what you went for and you have a set time to submit an Ozzie job to then upgrade to a full license. An old uk job will not get accepted it has to be an oz one.