Calling all Midwives!!

Guest PandS

Guest PandS

Hi everyone!!

We have just joined this site and this is my 1st post so I hope I get it right.

We are thinking of migrating to Adelaide soon and am a bit confused about wether midwives do the deliveries at the hospitals in Adelaide? I have looked up information on all 10 hospitals that said provided maternity care but they do not specifically state midwives doing the deliveries. Can anyone tell me which hospitals allow midwives to deliver and which dont? As I dont particularly want to stop delivering babies!!!

Thanks in advance for any information.

Regards Sian

• 2 weeks later...
Guest midwifeonthemove

Hi Sian,

In most of the public hospitals us midwives do the deliveries....private hospitals, generally speaking we don't. Hope this helps.

Tanya

Guest midwifeonthemove
Hi Tanya

Thanks for your reply. That does make me feel better. So if you dont mind me asking which hospital do you work at then?

Sian

Hi Sian,

I work through a nursing agency here in Adelaide, so tend to work wherever I am booked. Generally speaking that is Flinders Meidcal Centre or The Womans and Childrens for midwifery.. there is often more general nursing work available though.

Tanya

Guest PandS

Hi Tanya

Thankyou for your reply. Whats it like working for an agency? I can only work as a midwife as I do not have a nursing qualification, I am a direct entry midwife!! Also if you dont mind question - whats salary like??

Sian

Guest t4top
Hi Sian,

I work through a nursing agency here in Adelaide, so tend to work wherever I am booked. Generally speaking that is Flinders Meidcal Centre or The Womans and Childrens for midwifery.. there is often more general nursing work available though.

Tanya

Hi Tanya,

I have just sent you a pm. Could you please read it and send us your opinion.

Thank you .