• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Afternoon shift

1423 times
      Quote Originally Posted by lastboyscout View Post
      Shouldn`t she be at home cooking/cleaning/washing /ironing etc while the man is out working???;)

*awaits slap*
      Bloody oath...!!!!:D

269 times
      I think quality of life is more important than money.I have just declined a job offer(I work for the NHS),which would of meant going up a grade in pay,more responsibilities ect and although the job itself sounded quite enticing,and I spent a few days doing some heavy duty thinking,I ended up turning it down.For one we are doing fine financially,but the main factor in declining the job was the fact it was shift work.At the moment OH and I are together at tea time every night,both have the same weekends off and so on.I figured that if I had to go to work weekends when OH was off,I would soon lose motivation,get grumpy ect so no for me I'm better off staying where I am.I think each couple know their comfort zone,what you'll both be happy with and so on.I also thought of your wife.How does she feel being alone?Happy with it?Best of luck with what you decide to do.
      scooterdan likes this.

Hallett Cove, Adelaide
      578 times
      Just in case anyone wondered....i took the job!! The money was far to good to turn down!!

There is jobs there if ppl are willing to be flexible as i found out!
      If you wanna a beer....PM me

Daniel, 31 and Stephanie, 30, Arrived 30th April 2008 and LOVING IT!!!

Hallett Cove
      27 times
      Good to hear Dan, I had wondered what u decided...don't blame you if the money is better & after all you can still grab a beer when you finish :)
      I love 4 - 10pm, I spent 21 years behind a desk in the UK & here I work shifts at the cinema, as you know, a far cry for supply chain !! But its no stress, great people, close to home, works around the kids, the downside not brilliant pay even for casual :( but heres hoping a payrise is on the cards soon :D
      Good luck mate.
      Angela (43), Ashley (45), Bradley (17), Thomas (13) & Max our Spoodle (6) Visa Process 23/10/06 - granted 27/04/07. Now permanent residents as of Sept 09.
      Arrived 6th Sept 07 Living in Onkaparinga Hills. Building a new home 2014 Hallett Cove with Rivergum 2 Story & views back / front :D
      AGS Painting & Decorating PM me or email agspainting@adam.com.au

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12