Afternoon shift

Guest Guest5035
Afternoon shift is 20% more in your wages!!!!

might be 17%, i worked 3pm to 11.30pm and 3.45 pm to 11.45 pm and loved both, but don't stay upto late ie 1am as your body clock makes you sleep in late, or bed at 1am and a snooze just before work. You have 5 mornings a week to do things plus the weekends, i now work 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts and love it, even the 5am starts.

Stvo

I done Afternoon shift for 6 years not to bad. But reading your posts and you like a pint Friday nights will drive you mad everyone out having a pint and your working.

And seeing you have an OH but no kids...how will she feel always sitting alone in the evenings? Or how would you feel if she didn't?;)

Guest Guest5035
And seeing you have an OH but no kids...how will she feel always sitting alone in the evenings? Or how would you feel if she didn't?;)

:D:D

stevo

Guest lastboyscout

Shouldn`t she be at home cooking/cleaning/washing /ironing etc while the man is out working???;):biglaugh:

*awaits slap* :biglaugh:

Guest moonraker1959

I think quality of life is more important than money.I have just declined a job offer(I work for the NHS),which would of meant going up a grade in pay,more responsibilities ect and although the job itself sounded quite enticing,and I spent a few days doing some heavy duty thinking,I ended up turning it down.For one we are doing fine financially,but the main factor in declining the job was the fact it was shift work.At the moment OH and I are together at tea time every night,both have the same weekends off and so on.I figured that if I had to go to work weekends when OH was off,I would soon lose motivation,get grumpy ect so no for me I'm better off staying where I am.I think each couple know their comfort zone,what you'll both be happy with and so on.I also thought of your wife.How does she feel being alone?Happy with it?Best of luck with what you decide to do.

Good to hear Dan, I had wondered what u decided...don't blame you if the money is better & after all you can still grab a beer when you finish :)

I love 4 - 10pm, I spent 21 years behind a desk in the UK & here I work shifts at the cinema, as you know, a far cry for supply chain !! But its no stress, great people, close to home, works around the kids, the downside not brilliant pay even for casual :( but heres hoping a payrise is on the cards soon :D

Good luck mate.