Plastering Tools Allowed?

Guest CARMEN

:err:HI! DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHETHER WE ARE ALLOWED TO TAKE WOODEN HANDLED PLASTERING TROWELS AND TOOLS INTO OZ - I KNOW THERE ARE STRICT RULES ON WHAT YOU CAN OR CANT TAKE IN TO THE COUNTRY SO ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!

Yes, Visa granted on 5th December and flights booked for the 25th June ,we are now putting the final touches to the house before putting it on the market in early Feb.

We have still to contact the NBSA to get Jak registered as a nurse before we arrive and to organise for the removal of our furniture etc.

I am sure the next 6 months will be a blur with all the different things we have got to organise before we go.

But onwards and upwards.

Are you still waiting for your Visa.

Cheers

Derek & Jak

Guest dglamoore

We bought over a lot of metal polishing tools with us and they got through no worries :v_SPIN:

Wood is ok as long as it is treated - they are more iffy over wicker and natural untreated woods as these may harbor bugs :jiggy:

Good luck with it all and if in doubt ask your shipper - they will know

Lisa:biglaugh:

Guest guest569

I was a dryliner in the Uk and brought all my tools out with me. I did give them a thorough clean BUT never even thought about the wooden handles on my hawk ans trowels !!!!! I've been here two and a half years and just never thought of it.:wacko:

I'm sure you'll be fine mate.;)

Hi! Thanks For All Your Help, I've Only Just Sent Off For My Visa Because We Ware Timing Things To Go 2009 When My Son Finishes His Gcses - It Was The Deal We Made With Him To Come Quietly!!

Do Plasterers Do Ok In Oz - We're Going On My Nursy Skills Visa, But My Hubby Wants To Work Too, Any News On The Jobs Front?

Hi! Thanks For All Your Help, I've Only Just Sent Off For My Visa Because We Ware Timing Things To Go 2009 When My Son Finishes His Gcses - It Was The Deal We Made With Him To Come Quietly!!

Do Plasterers Do Ok In Oz - We're Going On My Nursy Skills Visa, But My Hubby Wants To Work Too, Any News On The Jobs Front?

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!:jiggy: