PEER workbook

Guest The Standrings

Guest The Standrings

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me, my other half is a spark and we are thinking of doing the PEERS workbook over here eventually before we come over. Has anyone got any advice on the content, or on how hard it is, or even how long it will take us to complete?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Ema:err:

Guest gez500

Hi, I'm Gez. I did the Peer home study before we came out, I did a couple of pages here and there over a few months. I guess it can be done over 3 or 4 solid days of getting stuck into it. Don't stress too much though. If you know your basics, the guys at Peer are great, they don't want anyone to fail and will help you out on the revision day before the exam.

Good luck. Gez

Guest The Standrings

Nice one for that Gez, just stressing out a bit with it all, never done sone much revision/learning in my life ha! You've reassured me there, thanks mate.

Daz

• 1 month later...

We had our visa granted 2weeks ago, can't believe how quick it all went through. Vettasses passed back in Feb 11 then SS then visa application in. We then went on holiday for 10 days thinking it would take at least a year to get a CO but came back from hols to find letter on doormat saying this is your CO and she wants you to get you meds and police checks before end of June. Did that and amazingly the 175 visa has been granted.The question now is how to avoid basically being an apprentice when I get to Adelaide. Have heard a bit about the PEER route and see it like this;1. Apply to the TRA for your license, you do need an Aussie address I think,2. Enrol for the PEER course and get your books,3. Do your revision, as quick or as slowly as you are comfortable with,4. Take your exams, pass, hey presto apply for A Grade license,5. The whole process could be as quick a 6 weeks, again, this is what I have been led to believe, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.Good luck to all on here.I might try and do a job completely away from my core background, after all I will be moving to the other side of the world, why not do something so completely different.

We had our visa granted 2weeks ago, can't believe how quick it all went through. Vettasses passed back in Feb 11 then SS then visa application in. We then went on holiday for 10 days thinking it would take at least a year to get a CO but came back from hols to find letter on doormat saying this is your CO and she wants you to get you meds and police checks before end of June. Did that and amazingly the 175 visa has been granted.The question now is how to avoid basically being an apprentice when I get to Adelaide. Have heard a bit about the PEER route and see it like this;1. Apply to the TRA for your license, you do need an Aussie address I think,2. Enrol for the PEER course and get your books,3. Do your revision, as quick or as slowly as you are comfortable with,4. Take your exams, pass, hey presto apply for A Grade license,5. The whole process could be as quick a 6 weeks, again, this is what I have been led to believe, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.Good luck to all on here.I might try and do a job completely away from my core background, after all I will be moving to the other side of the world, why not do something so completely different.

Hi, yes you have it right but you can apply for your ARTC from TRA from the UK they just won't give you your cert until you get to Aus. With your ARTC and the wiring regs from PEER you get your A class straight away.