400 apply for one job

Guest BurgessFamily

Guest BurgessFamily

And from that link, I had a real good laugh reading the comment from 'Fiveacre'....

"Believe it or not, there are still many, many people out there who just don't want to work. I employ (or try to!) 30-40 people and have endless troubles with unreliable staff. We generally go through 25 starters to get 3 good employees. The regulations and costs inflicted on small business are extremely punitive. I currently have a work-cover claim for a man who only worked for 4 days, then returned five days later to say that he had hurt his foot at work (even though the whole crew saw him leave in good health on his last day). This man now goes on compo, and I have to pay him 85% of his weekly wage while he is rehabilitated. I pay $1500/month for work cover, but this does not cover anything. He twisted his foot! (this is not a serious injury) It did not happen at work! He only went to the doctor two days after finishing up! I have no rights as an employer, while welfare cheats have all the rights. I think I am going to fire the lot and sign up for welfare too. The Australian way."

Guest moonraker1959

Lets hope whoever gets the job truly appreciates it and is not as serial sickie!The lady who advertised the position said "In this economic downturn"I thought Australia had missed the recession?