Any Fitness Instructors??

Guest Squareman

I don't know about running consultants, but the instructors at the gym I go to are woeful. I don't know if you have to be certified to be a fitness instructor here because some of the things they are teaching their clients are so outdated, and dangerous, its scary. I have seen them get their clients to do military-presses behind their necks - which everyone stopped doing in the 80's because it buggers up your rotator cuffs. I've also seen them watching clients do awkward looking lunges where the knee goes past the foot. There is hardly a day that goes by without something like this going on.

I don't know about running consultants, but the instructors at the gym I go to are woeful. I don't know if you have to be certified to be a fitness instructor here because some of the things they are teaching their clients are so outdated, and dangerous, its scary. I have seen them get their clients to do military-presses behind their necks - which everyone stopped doing in the 80's because it buggers up your rotator cuffs. I've also seen them watching clients do awkward looking lunges where the knee goes past the foot. There is hardly a day that goes by without something like this going on.

I have seen this too, the instructors don't seem to teach people how to do things properly. Having said that I have also seen some very good young instructors who ahev obviously been trained in the more up to date stuff...

Guest Running clubs

Hi Michelle

I would love to get a Lazy Runner Club going in Adelaide or SA, if you know of anyone who loves running and would like a great part time job, let me know...it really is the best way to run

Marie

Lazy Runner

Hi just thought id let you all know that we are aiming to fly out 31/08 and oh Simon is a qualified gym instructor/personal trainer..his is GP rerferral trained and qualified to level 3, also our son is a qualified gym instructor, and our dream is to open our personal training/gym sooo maybe this is the way forward..how exciting! Also for the runners thats what I love to do, so maybe another thing to look at! What are the gym facilities like in Adelaide I understand there is a FF and a new one just opened, do you reckon there is room for a small well run gym?

Hi just thought id let you all know that we are aiming to fly out 31/08 and oh Simon is a qualified gym instructor/personal trainer..his is GP rerferral trained and qualified to level 3, also our son is a qualified gym instructor, and our dream is to open our personal training/gym sooo maybe this is the way forward..how exciting! Also for the runners thats what I love to do, so maybe another thing to look at! What are the gym facilities like in Adelaide I understand there is a FF and a new one just opened, do you reckon there is room for a small well run gym?

There has been a rise in outside training course and boot camp type training. So as long as your idea is right then yeah of course there is always room juts depends if you get the business.

Good luck with your flights and future business plans :-)

Guest Running clubs

Hi

Running is a big thing in Australia, especially learning to run, or training for events, or some coaching so people do it right...that is what Lazy Runner is all about, the license also includes training on over 30 running sessions as well as website support and marketing...it is a great business to add onto personal training, as there are lots of PTs about but not many running coaches...please contact me if you need more info...I am also starting Lazy Runner in the UK soon, so if you know of any people there who may be interested in taking it on , tell them to contact me

Thanks and Good Luck

Marie