Any jobs in mining with no experience?

Nicky

Only been here since February but soon realised that the work, as a carpenter for me, just isn't there so I'm willing to do pretty much anything else that requires physical work. I've been considering mining as this seems to be taking off (or so we've been told) but just wondered what if anything I could do with no experience.

Guest ozarsenal

firstly - get all the courses you need under your belt (OH&S, forklift, truck licences etc) and get to know someone who is already working in the mines - it's not what you know, it's who you know.

If you don't know anyone PM me and I can put you in touch with someone who works up there. There is also a lot of jobs going at the Desal plant.

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi Simon, I work near moomba SA , I work for Spotless they have the contract to look after lots of camps you could try them , I know of a carpenter who works at moomba as a TA (TRADES ASSIST ) he said it is a good job ,I think he's on about $70 .000 give or take ! 2 weeks on 1 week off 4 weeks hols a year . their is a head office in Adelaide or look on the net . If no jobs now keep looking the change around of staff is quick for all different reasons . ATB Paul

Guest helene73
You get everywhere lol;)

When we went to WA we looked into going to work at the mines, women could drive buses and do general maintenance and they were on a fortune! I would certainly consider doing it for a while, girl of many talents me. Oh can even teach Poledancing I used to do classes lol

Told ya can and willing to do anything ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Guest garlic--bread
When we went to WA we looked into going to work at the mines, women could drive buses and do general maintenance and they were on a fortune! I would certainly consider doing it for a while, girl of many talents me. Oh can even teach Poledancing I used to do classes lol

Told ya can and willing to do anything ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Love your gung ho attitude :jiggy:

Guest ozarsenal

If anyone is serious about getting into mining or major construction projects like the Desalination Plant have a look at workpac http://www.workpac.com/

They hire everyone from unskilled labourers to tradesmen and engineers.

You will need a white card and safety gear as a minimum and once you're in the front door as a labourer, get to know people, show them what you are capable of and I am sure opportunities will arise - especially if you teach poledancing ;-)