Artc

Hi all.

I am having a few issues reguarding TRA, ARTC and the PEER training.

Ive done my VETASSESS which i believe is my part of the TRA. Ive read and looked in to doing my Peer training whilst here in the UK and then do the exam in Aus and apply for my grade a licence. The problem ive got is the ARTC. Im not sure what it is?, how i get it?, if i need it? etc. If anyone can give me the 'idiots' guide i would be most grateful.

Thanks Andy

• 2 months later...
Guest duggy281

Hi Andy

Check the thread link below for ARTC help.

.http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/jobs-careers/25753-newly-qualified-electrician-questions.html

Good luck.

Guest weshardy5

hi pal.

i am a sparky an i got my visa in july.

first i did vetasess in london in feb....passed... this gives you the otsr which is wortless really but this gets you your visa once you lodge.

i lodged 11 may and got visa 176 through on july 14.

now i need to apply to tra in oz.. adelaide and apply for my atsr at tra.

once you have that which costs 300 dollar you need to get your oz wiring regs which you can dothrough distance learning from peer veet training in adelaide. then you need to sit your exam in oz an submit this along with all your qualifications like you did with vetasess and hopefully they will issue your a class .. this is how i understand it.

so thats ny route now.

hope that helps

wes.

hopefully on a recci in november.

Hi Wes,

Not sure if you remember me, i was on the VETASSESS coures in London in Febuary. We swoped emails. I thourght you was at scar.com not sky.com

So your going out there in November. Unfortunatly we cant afford to go on a recce, so we're going to hopefully sell our house and make the move in one go by middle of next year. It would be good to hear what you think of your recce

Andy

Guest weshardy5

hi pal,

wow thats amazing that we have come across each other on here. i will make you a friend on here.

i do remember london. whre abouts are you again?

did you get your visa through? where for , i presume SA.we could meet up in oz when we are both over.

yes we need to check it out cos i have kids.

expensive though. still get the ups and downs about if its the right thing to do etc.

wjt_elec@tiscali.co.uk

thats another email address for you.

send me yours pal.

have you been on here a while?

its great for info and meeting folk.

any how lets keep in touch bud.

regards

wes

Hi Wes,

We're still in sunny England. Yeah what you've said is right. It's just so frustrating, going through all the Vetassess day and now we need to jump through hoops to be recognised. I'm still sorting out my ARTC. I'm using my stat dec and my reference from my first employer, and i'm going to cover as much of my day to day, aprentership and qualifications as possible. Hopefully that'll satisfy them. Have you done yours yet?

I've got some stuff to send to you by email for your PEER. Hope it's of use to you.

Let me know how your getting on.

Andy