Brickies

Guest fazgallagher

Guest fazgallagher

Morning all, possibly be out in the next month so can anyone give an update on the construction game for Brickies, plenty of work?, anywork?, if not is it anything to do with the time of year and will it pick up etc?

Cheers Faz

hi mate very quiet at the mo,has been slowing down all year.the word is its starting to pick up again the companies i contract to have a lot in the pipe line,most people i know have laid people off just to keep themselves working.i know its not the best news mate but it will be good again soon.

cheers mark.

A lot of trades are quite just now not a lot going on, My son is an 3rd yr apprentice bricklayer and his squad are quiet been having days off waiting for work to come in.Said its going to pick up in a few months but who knows.There recon that the simulas package that the goverment put out when the GFC hit has come to an end and all the buildings they put up have now finished leaving a sulplus of trades. That and the first homeowners grants being cut.

Guest hulltigers

hya mate, im currently worked off my feet at the moment, builder im working for is fully booked up till xmas and work is available every saturday if u want it, we do alot of double brick solid houses and dnt rely on brick veneer ,building in glenelg at mo and have houses to build in paradise,burnside,aldgate,highbury,unley and marion all before xmas

Guest fazgallagher

Thanks for replies everybody keep info coming

F in ell Hulltigers no need to rub it in pal............does he want anybody co's a can be there next week, and am not joking

Guest BurgessFamily
we do alot of double brick solid houses and dnt rely on brick veneer

seriously? you'll have to let me know the company, so if and when we build, we can have a real house and not a wendy house.