Building Code of Australia

Guest Ploppy

Guest Ploppy

Ploppy,

Hello all, first time user on this site and looking for some help.

I'm looking for a copy of the Australian Building Codes to study before I start job hunting. Does anyone have a PDF copy of the codes they could e mail to me ? If not a good textbook I could purchase summarising the codes.

I would be most grateful of any help received. Thanks.

Ploppy

Hi Ploppy,

I am also new but have been searching for the best way to get to Oz, I came across your post as I also need to get to know the codes. The best place to get a copy of the guidance book and the actual codes is throught the Australian Building Code Board. I have found bits and pieces on the net for passage of sound but never the whole document.

Can I ask what industry you're in? I am a Building Surveyor but am looking to go in as Associate or Inspector under the regional sponsored route.

I have found it difficult so far but I am now waiting to see how the new skills test changes things.

I do have a BS contact in Sydney [but no jobs unfortunately] and I sent him an e-mail yesterday to see if he would pdf a copy to me, if he comes good I will let you know. I don't know if you know this, but the codes do vary from region to region. Something to consider.

Best of Luck

Pete

Ploppy,

Hello all, first time user on this site and looking for some help.

I'm looking for a copy of the Australian Building Codes to study before I start job hunting. Does anyone have a PDF copy of the codes they could e mail to me ? If not a good textbook I could purchase summarising the codes.

I would be most grateful of any help received. Thanks.

Ploppy

I looked and looked before getting here, but the only way I could see was to buy a copy.

It's surprisingly similar to the UK building regs in many areas, and seems familiar, but there are some sections that are completely alien.

I find it far easier to design and document buildings over here, as gaps in the building don't matter it seems lol.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ploppy

Thanks for all the posts so far,

Nickbbe - Sorry mate, havent been able to get a copy. Tried to get one on another forum but the bloke didn't seem keen to send me a copy. If I can get one I'll send one to you and Pete11.

Pete11 - I've PM you about other stuff to do with BS. Hope to hear from you.

Ploppy