Looking for work in Adelaide...

Guest Thalliday10

Guest Thalliday10

Hi,

My husband and I have just moved to Adelaide. I am looking for a receptionist/front Desk position or General customer service jobs preferably mon - fri. Does anyone know of companies looking? Where is the best place to look as i have been on Gumtree and looked in the advertiser on Sat. Nothing!

Any help would be most appreciated.

Jo

Guest WhatNow?

Signing up with an agency like Hays, Julia Ross, Entree and Talent2 and doing short term contracts is the best way to get some Australian work experience onto your CV. Without this you may be banging on doors and getting nowhere for a long time. If you have accounts or IT skills you can get a reasonable rate $20 -$25 an hour. Of course you can still apply for permanent jobs in the meantime and many office jobs in Adelaide are advertised through the same agencies so you can sign up for both at the same time. You will need to sit some tests in MSOffice for most agencies but if you ask they will give you your results printout so you can take this to an interview with you. Good Luck!

I agree with signing up to agencies. It gives you an opportunity to gain local experience, which you'll find will be the biggest reason of rejection in Adelaide if you don't have any. Casual/temp work is far from ideal, but money is coming in, and you're getting experience whilst looking for a permanent job. Plus some temp roles turn into permanent positions.