Animals jobs

Guest Imogen

Guest Imogen

heey, im look for someone who could help me out.

im hoping to become a veterinary nurse and i am curently enrolled for 3 course in july and august which are: groom and trim your dog, healthy dogs and cats, and caring for native wildlife. i also volunteer in a cat rescue in reynella east. those four things will then help me get onto my animal studies cert II in 2012 while i do my year12.

After completing year 12 i hope to start the veterinary nursing cert III course which i Highly competative and will need as much experince as i can to help me on to the course in 2013. After doing those 3 courses, my volunteering in the cat rescue, completing year 11 and year 12 and my animal studies cert II will hopefully be enough.

but i would also love to have a job in any kind of animal shop/store/vets. doing anyting even if im just sweeping the floor every now and again because it will help me with general information about animals, all the different kind of animals, how to care for them, what they need and want, what they dislike and like amd foods, toy etc.

I have experenice with these animals:

dogs/puppys,

cats/kittens (currently have 3 at home 1 adult cat and 2 kittens),

cockatiels (currently have 2 at home),

cockatiel breeding,

nice,

rats,

hamsters (in the UK),

rabbits,

fish,

and a couple more.

About me:

Im female, im 16 and currently doing year11. i live in the southern suburbs in aberfoyle park.

Im from the UK, but have an australian passport (my mom was born in aus). Ive been living her for just over a year.

I hope you can help me :)

Thank youu

Immy

Hey Imogen,

Sorry can't really help you, but just wanted to say that you really sound like you are determined to get where you want to be, and that determination will really help you along the way. Course leaders and employers are always on the look out for enthusiastic people and you sound like you will go a long way. Good luck with everything!

Beck

Hi Imogen,

Why don't you try the local vet in Chandlers Hill Road. Judy and Jane are really nice, as are all the vet nurses there. Maybe you might be abe to do some Vol work there on a Sat morning. One of my daughters is also interested in becoming a Vet Nurse and has alsready started looking at what she can do.

Good luck

Karen

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hi Imogen

Good onya girl, you sound like you know what ya want.

The wildlife parks take on volunteers to help out if that's any use to you.

You could also try Cleland Wildlife Park (near Mount Lofty) as you would get to work with native animals then. This link takes you to their volunteer info.

http://www.environment.sa.gov.au/Work_With_Us/Volunteering_opportunities/Cleland_Wildlife_Park_volunteers

It sounds as though you are smart, keen and know what you want, which already puts you above most people! You'll get there if you want it bad enough...Good Luck!

Guest Imogen

Thank you everyone, most appreciated :)

i will deffently be looking into the chandlers hill vets and all the voluteering :)

i have am now looking into more courses as i found them today :D sampling and measuring(lab) and 1 or 2 more :D

Guest Damien

Hey Immy,

My mrs used to volunteer at RSPCA in Lonsdale, they are always looking for help and there's a vet there too.

Another quick tip, when applying for courses/jobs run a spell and grammar check before sending ;). If it's a competitive field then it may help. I know it did for me and positions in my field are pretty rare.

Damo