Rah ed

I have just accepted a job at the wakefield emergency department, which is private. I do know that the RAH is very very busy and from what I hear, not too organised. They have just brought in recently the 4 hr wait rule and that I think will be your best angle to talk about ie patient flow and nurse initiated actions. They see a LOT of patients so be prepared to work hard. I have spent years working in these kind of places in the UK, hence the reason I am staying away from RAH lol.

I presume you are having a telephone interview?? Another little tip is that if you have worked in emergency in the Uk, you may find that they are a little behind the UK in terms of patient waits and nurse practitioners etc so don't sound too shocked if they say they have patients waiting in the corridor for three days. This is an Australian thing not just RAH.

Lastly, good luck.

Guest Jen & Did

Hi I work at the RAH but on one of the wards. If you look for the Morleys on here I know Nina does work for ED and may be able to help you. Good luck for your interview.

Jen x

Thanks guys! Yes the interview is by telephone. I dont work in ED at the moment so it will be a complete change for me, used to working on a very busy ward (trauma orthopaedics) so used to rushing around like an idiot and not having a break! I've sent Nina a message just waiting to hear back from her. I'll keep my eye out for the tall yorkshire bloke! We would get on well :biggrin:

• 1 month later...