RSMS visa...?

Guest garlic--bread

Guest garlic--bread

Hi all,

I haven't posted for a while as I've been busy trying to lock down sponsored employment which isn't easy in my case.

It is sooo frustrating. I've been advised by many migration agents that my best way to migrate is an RSMS visa. "great" thought I, but in reality not so. For a start none of them offer to find you a job which is the help I need. Some people have kindly offered help by supplying names of people who can assist me only to be told by their contacts that they cannot help me (though I get the feeling they could help but don't wish to take me on as I'm probably classed as a risk and if it doesn't go through they'll have a black mark aginst them and some negativity on websites such as this) or they just don't bother replying!!

I've obviously come up against the hard edge of the Aussie job/sponsorship market. I have registered on websites that deal with sponsorship but nothing has come up (they cross match your CV with an employer who has a vacancy you are eligible for)

I've applied for loads of jobs but not heard a thing. The problem is my job is not on the SOL list (I'm a shift manager/supervisor/team leader call it what you will in manufacturing with glass, plastic and paper industry experience) I have years of experience and qualifications but no diploma or such like. (I've also had a part time painting and decorating thing going on around my job, wish I'd had gave my job up and done it full time now!)

I know there are jobs out there, it's just that the companies that advertise them (and some of these positions have been on for months) either don't know about how the sponsorship works or just don't want to be bothered with the hassle.

I always work my ass off and don't go sick so I'm a good prospect for any employer but try telling that to the companies out there.

So if anyone reading this knows of any positions going which they think I'll be suitable for and they are 'preferably' in SA I would be more than happy to take them up on their offer.confused.gif

Thanks for listening people

Guest Squareman

Are you 44 yrs old? Thats cutting it fine to apply for an rsms, especially when your occupation isnt on the SOL. Mate, people give jobs to people. You've got to set up meetings and interviews and then come over here and do the biz. If you were running a company, would you go through the whole emigration headache (and being on an rsms myself i know this to be true) based on a few emails and phone calls? Get over here and meet as many people as you can. Thats my advice....best of luck!

Guest garlic--bread

I know exactly what you're saying and I'd love more than anything to come over there and do the rounds but I'm stretched financially here until my house is sold. My sis lives in Noarlunga and she's doing her best to help but like you say people give jobs to people, I know I'm worth the risk but I agree with you and proving it is quite difficult. Thanks for the reply squareman, appreciate it! :)